The mission of the University of Denver Strength and Conditioning Program is to offer the student-athletes the opportunity to excel in their respective sport as well as in life.
To fulfill the mission the Strength and Conditioning staff will:
- Study the most recent research in the strength and conditioning field in an effort to offer the best possible training for the overall development of each student-athlete.
- Implement sound training programs to better develop each athlete for the improvement of speed, muscular power, and endurance.
- Teach proper training techniques to prevent injury, advance training adaptations, and promote competitiveness.
- Teach leadership to the student-athlete to better prepare them for the world of athletics as well as the life away from their university experience.
- Express accountability for hard work, dedication, and determination.
STATEMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
The University of Denver Strength and Conditioning Program is dedicated to developing its student-athletes to the peak of their physical abilities. This is achieved through the implementation of sound research in the strength and conditioning field. We are committed to developing effective programming for the improvement of speed, agility, muscular power, and endurance. The strength and conditioning program offers student-athletes an environment in which to excel both as individuals and team members. This environment is designed to bring about unparalleled athletic ability as well as teach the leadership, dedication, and determination to excel at sport as well as life.