Pioneers Lock Up with Golden Eagles
Tip set for Saturday at 6 p.m. MT
Jan. 19, 2018
• The Pioneers are averaging 71.7 points per game in 2017-18.
• Denver is shooting 46.7 percent from the field.
• The Pioneers are limiting their foes to 43.0 percent shooting this year.
• DU has stopped teams from being effective from deep against them, holding opponents to just 32.7 percent shooting from 3 this year, third in the Summit League.
• Denver knocks down 6.6 3s a game this season.
• The Pioneers are connecting from beyond the arc at a 39.5 percent clip, good for second in the Summit League and 32nd in the country.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 7.1 a game, first in the Summit League and 22nd in the NCAA.
• Denver is handing out 14.3 assists per game in 2017-18.
• Joe Rosga leads the team in scoring, putting up 15.6 points a night for DU, that also ranks seventh in the Summit League.
• Daniel Amigo is right behind Rosga in scoring, putting up 15.5 points a game, eighth in the Summit League.
• Amigo also is averaging a team-high 7.1 rebounds on the season, sixth in the Summit League.
• Amigo ranks second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 54.0 percent.
• Amigo has been solid so far this year, racking up five double-doubles, tied for fourth in the Summit League.
• Rosga ranks tied for eighth in the Summit League in 3s made per game, knocking down 2.2 a contest.
• Rosga has been automatic from the foul line this year, making 92.0 percent of his free throws, the highest percentage in the Summit League and ninth in all of Division I.
• Jake Pemberton has been dialed in from deep all year, ranking second in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at a 48.6 percent clip (35-for-72).
About Oral Roberts
• The Golden Eagles are currently 7-14 on the season and 3-3 in Summit League play.
• Oral Roberts is averaging 71.1 points per contest in 2017-18, last in the Summit League.
• ORU gives up 78.0 points a night, which ranks seventh in the Summit League.
• The Golden Eagles are knocking down 43.4 percent of their shots this season, last in the Summit League.
• Oral Roberts has been okay at making 3s on the year, ranking eighth in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at a 34.7 percent clip.
• The Golden Eagles are averaging 14.6 assists per game, second in the Summit League.
• ORU is making 6.5 3s a game in 2017-18, lowest in the Summit League.
• Emmanuel Nzekwesi is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 13.4 points per game.
• Javon White has been a beast on the boards, ranking first in the Summit League in rebounds, ripping down 9.2 a night.
It’s a New Day
• Sophomore Ade Murkey has really found his groove since league play began on Dec. 30.
• Murkey has become a factor on offense in league games, averaging 12.4 points.
• The Minneapolis, Minn. native has improved his rebounding as well, grabbing 5.4 rebounds per game in league play.
• Murkey’s shooting has gone up too, now sitting at 49.1 percent in league play.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 364 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
Athletics Development Office
JOIN THE PIONEER NATION
- Game Day
- 50/50 Raffle
- Lodging & Transportation
- Student Tickets
- Visiting Team Guide
- Inside Athletics
- Athletics Administration
- Denver Sport Properties
- Give - Pioneer Movement
- Pioneers Around the World
- Ritchie Center Events
- Sports Medicine
- Strength & Conditioning
- Student-Athlete Support
- Title IX
- Championships & Awards
- Academic All-Americans
- Directors' Cup
- Hall of Fame
- National Awards
- National Championships
- Post Season Success