Jan. 24, 2018
(8-12, 2-4 SL)
(10-8, 1-4 SL)
• The Pioneers are averaging 71.8 points per game in 2017-18.
• Denver is shooting 47.1 percent from the field.
• The Pioneers are limiting their foes to 43.1 percent shooting this year.
• DU has stopped teams from being effective from deep against them, holding opponents to just 32.6 percent shooting from 3 this year, third in the Summit League.
• Denver knocks down 6.7 3s a game this season.
• The Pioneers are connecting from beyond the arc at a 40.2 percent clip, good for second in the Summit League and 24th in the country.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 6.3 a game, first in the Summit League and 32nd in the NCAA.
• Denver is handing out 14.2 assists per game in 2017-18.
• Daniel Amigo leads the team in scoring, putting up 15.8 points a night for DU, that also ranks eighth in the Summit League.
• Joe Rosga is right behind Amigo in scoring, putting up 15.4 points a game, ninth in the Summit League.
• Amigo also is averaging a team-high 6.8 rebounds on the season, seventh in the Summit League.
• Amigo ranks second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 55.1 percent.
• Amigo has been solid so far this year, racking up five double-doubles, tied for fourth in the Summit League.
• Rosga ranks tied for eighth in the Summit League in 3s made per game, knocking down 2.1 a contest.
• Rosga has been automatic from the foul line this year, making 92.1 percent of his free throws, the highest percentage in the Summit League and seventh in all of Division I.
• Jake Pemberton has been dialed in from deep all year, ranking second in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at a 49.3 percent clip (37-for-75).
About Western Illinois
• The Leathernecks are currently 10-8 on the season and 1-4 in Summit League play.
• Western Illinois is averaging 75.1 points per contest in 2017-18, sixth in the Summit League.
• WIU gives up 69.5 points a night, which ranks second in the Summit League.
• The Leathernecks are knocking down 48.4 percent of their shots this season, second in the Summit League.
• Western Illinois has been good at holding teams to tough shots, ranking first in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 40.5.
• The Leathernecks are averaging 13.3 assists per game, last in the Summit League.
• WIU is making 7.5 3s a game in 2017-18, fifth in the Summit League.
• Kobe Webster is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 15.9 points per game.
• Brandon Gilbreck has been a good at rim protection, sending back 2.9 shots a game, first in the Summit League and 13th in the NCAA.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 365 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
Fans interested in making a donation to the men's basketball program can do so by CLICKING HERE. Your contribution will make a direct impact on the success of YOUR Pioneers. Thank you in advance for your unwavering support of our student-athletes and their quest for excellence.
Student-Athlete Alumni Giving Challenge:
In 2017-18, the University of Denver is holding an alumni giving challenge in an effort to increase student-athlete alumni participation in the Denver Athletics Annual Fund. The sport program with the highest percentage of alumni participation will receive an additional $10,000 of support through the generosity of an anonymous donor. Former student-athletes can make a gift online, by calling 303-871-2388 during normal business hours or by sending a check to:
Athletics Development Office
Attn: Kaley Rickert
2201 E. Asbury Avenue
Denver, CO 80208
JOIN THE PIONEER NATION
Like Denver Pioneers, Denver Men's Basketball on Facebook
Follow @DU_Pioneers, @DU_MHoops on Twitter