Denver Heads North for Rematch with South Dakota
Pioneers look to get split in season series on Saturday
Jan. 27, 2017
• The Pioneers are averaging 75.7 points per game on the 2016-17 year, fifth in the Summit League.
• Denver is allowing 72.3 points per game, third lowest in the Summit League.
• DU is knocking down 7.7 3s a game, sixth highest in the Summit League.
• Denver has shot it well this year, ranking second in the Summit League with a 48.4 field-goal percentage, 28th in all of Division I.
• The Pioneers are averaging 13.9 turnovers per game on the season, seventh in the Summit League.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 5.3 a game, second in the Summit League.
• Denver is limiting its foes to 43.3 percent shooting on the season, which ranks fifth in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers’ 40.2 percent from beyond the arc ranks second in the Summit League and 13th in the NCAA.
• DU’s 15.5 assists per game is second highest in the Summit League.
• Sophomore Joe Rosga is ninth in the Summit League in scoring at 15.9 points per contest.
• Rosga has shown he can connect from beyond the arc, knocking down 2.6 3-pointers a game, fifth in the Summit League.
• Rosga also ranks third in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at 42.6 percent and 30th in the NCAA.
• Junior Daniel Amigo leads the squad in rebounding with a 7.5 average, fourth in the Summit League.
• Amigo is also second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 54.9 percent.
• Amigo’s seven double-doubles this year are second in the Summit League and ranks 57th in the NCAA.
• Jake Pemberton’s 4.6 assists per game average is good for third in the Summit League.
About South Dakota
• The Coyotes are 14-9 this season and winners in their last contest.
• USD is averaging 74.5 points per contest in 2016-17, seventh in the Summit League.
• South Dakota gives up 71.0 points a night, second lowest in the Summit League.
• The Coyotes are knocking down just 42.5 percent of their shots this season, which ranks ninth in the Summit League.
• USD has done a good job at keeping its foes from shooting well, holding the opposition to 42.2 percent shooting on the year, second in the Summit League.
• South Dakota is averaging 11.7 assists per game, good for last in the Summit League.
• USD ranks ninth in the Summit League in 3s made per game at 6.4.
• Matt Mooney is the team’s leading scorer, putting up 16.5 points a night, sixth in the Summit League.
• Mooney is also leading the team in 3s made with 46 on the year, tied for ninth in the Summit League.
• Tyler Flack is leading the team in rebounds with a 7.7 average, good for a tie for fourth in the Summit League.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 336 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
M. Basketball / 10/12/2017 Basketball Fan Jam Slated for October 18
M. Basketball / 10/5/2017 Amigo and Rosga Earn Preseason All-League Honors
M. Basketball / 9/21/2017 Men's Basketball Volunteers at Crimson Classic
M. Basketball / 9/11/2017 Men's Basketball Takes Part in Big Bill's 9/11 Day of Giving
M. Basketball / 8/31/2017 Denver Sets 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball / 8/26/2017 Pioneers in Spain Blog
M. Basketball / 8/24/2017 Men's Basketball Set to Embark on 10-day Trip to Spain
M. Basketball / 03/05/2017 Denver's Season Ended by South Dakota State
M. Basketball / 03/04/2017 No. 5 Denver opens Summit League Tournament with No. 4 South Dakota State
M. Basketball / 03/02/2017 Amigo and Rosga Earn All-Summit League Honors
M. Basketball / 02/27/2017 Billups to headline Xfinity Monday Live at ViewHouse Centennial
M. Basketball / 02/25/2017 Men's Basketball Falls at South Dakota State
M. Basketball / 05/24/2017 Men's basketball to hold inaugural Suds for Suits Car Wash
M. Basketball / 02/24/2017 Pioneers close out regular season at Jackrabbits
M. Basketball / 02/22/2017 Omaha Sneaks Past Denver on Last-Second Shot