Men’s Basketball Eyes Split Against Fort Wayne
Game part of Denver basketball doubleheader; tip set for 4 p.m. MT
Feb. 3, 2017
• The Pioneers are averaging 76.8 points per game on the 2016-17 season, fourth in the Summit League.
• Denver is allowing 72.8 points per game, third lowest in the Summit League.
• DU is knocking down 7.8 3s a game, sixth highest in the Summit League.
• Denver has shot it well this year, ranking second in the Summit League with a 49.0 field-goal percentage, 17th in all of Division I.
• The Pioneers are averaging 13.8 turnovers per game on the season, seventh in the Summit League.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 5.9 a game, second in the Summit League.
• Denver is limiting its foes to 43.5 percent shooting on the season, which ranks fifth in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers’ 41.1 percent from beyond the arc ranks second in the Summit League and 10th in the NCAA.
• DU’s 15.6 assists per game is second highest in the Summit League.
• Sophomore Joe Rosga is ninth in the Summit League in scoring at 16.0 points per contest.
• Rosga has shown he can connect from beyond the arc, knocking down 2.6 3-pointers a game, fifth in the Summit League.
• Rosga also ranks second in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at 42.8 percent and 29th in the NCAA.
• Junior Daniel Amigo leads the squad in rebounding with a 7.1 average, sixth in the Summit League.
• Amigo is also second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 56.0 percent.
• Amigo’s seven double-doubles this year are second in the Summit League and ranks 68th in the NCAA.
• Jake Pemberton’s 4.5 assists per game average is good for third in the Summit League.
About Fort Wayne
• The Mastodons are 16-7 this season and have won their last two games.
• Fort Wayne is averaging 88.3 points per contest in 2016-17, first in the Summit League and fifth in the NCAA.
• The Mastodons allow 76.4 points a night, fifth in the Summit League.
• Fort Wayne is knocking down 50.3 percent of its shots this season, which ranks first in the Summit League and seventh in the country.
• The Mastodons are keeping their foes from shooting well, limiting the opposition to 43.3 percent shooting on the year, fourth in the Summit League.
• Fort Wayne is averaging 17.1 assists per game, good for first in the Summit League and 16th in all of Division I.
• The Mastodons lead the Summit League in 3s made per game at 11.0, which is also fourth in the NCAA.
• Mo Evans is the team’s leading scorer, putting up 17.8 points a night, third in the Summit League.
• Evans also is the team’s leading helper at 5.5 assists per night, second in the Summit League.
• John Konchar ranks first in the Summit league in rebounds per game (8.9), field-goal percentage (64.6), and double-doubles (12).
I Wanna Go Fast
• The Pioneers have really sped up the pace in the month of January.
• Denver averaged 83.1 points per game during the nine games in the month.
• DU posted two games of scoring over 90 points during the month.
• The 93 points in the win at Oral Roberts on Jan. 31 was the most by a Pioneer team since putting up 95 against Arkansas State back on Jan. 20, 2005.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 338 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
Tickets for the game can be found right HERE.
M. Basketball / 1/20/2018 Pioneers Soar Over Golden Eagles
M. Basketball / 1/19/2018 Pioneers Lock Up with Golden Eagles
M. Basketball / 1/18/2018 Denver Falls Late in Wild Double-Overtime Thriller
M. Basketball / 1/17/2018 Pioneers open two-game road trip in Omaha
M. Basketball / 1/16/2018 Men's Basketball announces 2018 summer camp schedule
M. Basketball / 1/15/2018 Coach Billups Show to Air on Monday Night at The Pioneer Restaurant
M. Basketball / 1/13/2018 Pioneers Fall at Jackrabbits
M. Basketball / 01/12/2018 Men's Basketball Set to Clash with South Dakota State
M. Basketball / 01/11/2018 DU Locks Down NDSU in Win
M. Basketball / 01/10/2018 Pioneers Travel North for Contest with Bison
M. Basketball / 01/08/2018 Coach Billups Show to Air on Monday Night at The Pioneer Restaurant
M. Basketball / 01/06/2018 Pioneers Stumble in Loss to Mastodons
M. Basketball / 01/05/2018 Denver welcomes Fort Wayne on Saturday
M. Basketball / 12/30/2017 DU Drops Summit League Opener at USD
M. Basketball / 12/29/2017 Denver opens Summit League at South Dakota