Feb. 7, 2018
(10-13, 4-5 SL)
(20-6, 8-1 SL)
• The Pioneers are averaging 71.8 points per game in 2017-18.
• Denver is shooting 47.9 percent from the field, second in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers are limiting their foes to 43.4 percent shooting this year.
• DU has stopped teams from being effective from deep against them, holding opponents to just 33.4 percent shooting from 3 this year.
• Denver knocks down 6.8 3s a game this season.
• The Pioneers are connecting from beyond the arc at a 41.4 percent clip, good for first in the Summit League and 11th in the country.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 6.0 a game, first in the Summit League and 33rd in the NCAA.
• Denver is handing out 14.6 assists per game in 2017-18, third in the Summit League.
• Joe Rosga leads the team in scoring, putting up 15.4 points a night for DU, that also ranks seventh in the Summit League.
• Daniel Amigo is right behind Rosga in scoring, putting up 14.7 points a game, ninth in the Summit League.
• Amigo also is averaging a team-high 6.7 rebounds on the season, seventh in the Summit League.
• Amigo ranks second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 54.1 percent.
• Amigo has been solid so far this year, racking up five double-doubles, tied for fourth in the Summit League.
• Rosga ranks eighth in the Summit League in 3s made per game, knocking down 2.2 a contest.
• Rosga has been automatic from the foul line this year, making 91.3 percent of his free throws, the highest percentage in the Summit League and sixth in all of Division I.
• Jake Pemberton has been dialed in from deep all year, ranking second in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at a 48.9 percent clip (44-for-89).
About South Dakota State
• The Jackrabbits are currently 20-6 on the season and 8-1 in Summit League play.
• South Dakota State is averaging 85.5 points per contest in 2017-18, first in the Summit League and ninth in the NCAA.
• SDSU gives up 74.5 points a night, which ranks sixth in the Summit League.
• The Jackrabbits are knocking down 47.7 percent of their shots this season, third in the Summit League.
• South Dakota State has been terrific at the foul line, knocking down 76.9 percent of their free throws, tops in the Summit League and 21st in the country.
• The Jackrabbits are averaging 13.9 assists per game, fourth in the Summit League.
• SDSU is making 10.7 3s a game in 2017-18, most in the Summit League and 13th in the NCAA.
• Mike Daum is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 23.5 points per game, first in the Summit League and seventh in the NCAA.
• Daum has been a load on the glass, ranking first in the Summit League in rebounding with an 9.8 average, 22nd in the country.
• Daum also gets to the line, ranking 21st in the NCAA in free throws made (134) and 33rd in attempts (159).
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 368 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
Fans interested in making a donation to the men's basketball program can do so by CLICKING HERE. Your contribution will make a direct impact on the success of YOUR Pioneers. Thank you in advance for your unwavering support of our student-athletes and their quest for excellence.
Student-Athlete Alumni Giving Challenge:
In 2017-18, the University of Denver is holding an alumni giving challenge in an effort to increase student-athlete alumni participation in the Denver Athletics Annual Fund. The sport program with the highest percentage of alumni participation will receive an additional $10,000 of support through the generosity of an anonymous donor. Former student-athletes can make a gift online, by calling 303-871-2388 during normal business hours or by sending a check to:
Athletics Development Office
Attn: Kaley Rickert
2201 E. Asbury Avenue
Denver, CO 80208
JOIN THE PIONEER NATION
Like Denver Pioneers, Denver Men's Basketball on Facebook
Follow @DU_Pioneers, @DU_MHoops on Twitter