Denver off to Fargo for key meeting with North Dakota State
Tip set for Saturday at 1 p.m. MT on ESPN 3
Feb. 9, 2017
• The Pioneers are averaging 76.8 points per game on the 2016-17 season, fourth in the Summit League.
• Denver is allowing 72.8 points per game, third lowest in the Summit League.
• DU is knocking down 7.9 3s a game, sixth highest in the Summit League.
• Denver has shot it well this year, ranking second in the Summit League with a 48.7 field-goal percentage, 22nd in all of Division I.
• The Pioneers are averaging 13.7 turnovers per game on the season, seventh in the Summit League.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 5.5 a game, second in the Summit League.
• Denver is limiting its foes to 43.3 percent shooting on the season, which ranks fourth in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers’ 41.0 percent from beyond the arc ranks second in the Summit League and 10th in the NCAA.
• DU’s 15.5 assists per game is second highest in the Summit League.
• Sophomore Joe Rosga is 10th in the Summit League in scoring at 15.8 points per contest.
• Rosga has shown he can connect from beyond the arc, knocking down 2.5 3-pointers a game, tied for fifth in the Summit League.
• Rosga also ranks third in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at 42.0 percent and 31st in the NCAA.
• Junior Daniel Amigo leads the squad in rebounding with a 7.1 average, sixth in the Summit League.
• Amigo is also second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 56.3 percent.
• Amigo’s seven double-doubles this year are tied for second in the Summit League.
• Jake Pemberton’s 4.5 assists per game average is good for third in the Summit League.
About North Dakota State
• The Bison are 16-8 this season and won their last outing.
• North Dakota State is averaging 73.8 points per contest in 2016-17, seventh in the Summit League.
• NDSU allows just 69.3 points a night, first in the Summit League.
• The Bison are knocking down 46.3 percent of their shots this season, which ranks third in the Summit League.
• North Dakota State is great at keeping its foes from shooting well, limiting the opposition to 41.9 percent shooting on the year, first in the Summit League.
• NDSU is averaging 12.3 assists per game, good for eighth in the Summit League.
• The Bison are seventh in the Summit League in 3s made per game at 7.8.
• Paul Miller is the team’s leading scorer, putting up 15.9 points a night, ninth in the Summit League.
• Dexter Werner is the team’s leading rebounder at 7.3 rebounds per night, fifth in the Summit League.
• Werner (11.5), A.J. Jacobson (11.0), and Khy Kabellis (10.6) are the other three players that average double digits in points on the season.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 339 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
M. Basketball / 10/18/2017 Denver Basketball Hold Annual Fan Jam
M. Basketball / 10/12/2017 Basketball Fan Jam Slated for October 18
M. Basketball / 10/5/2017 Amigo and Rosga Earn Preseason All-League Honors
M. Basketball / 9/21/2017 Men's Basketball Volunteers at Crimson Classic
M. Basketball / 9/11/2017 Men's Basketball Takes Part in Big Bill's 9/11 Day of Giving
M. Basketball / 8/31/2017 Denver Sets 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball / 8/26/2017 Pioneers in Spain Blog
M. Basketball / 08/24/2017 Men's Basketball Set to Embark on 10-day Trip to Spain
M. Basketball / 03/05/2017 Denver's Season Ended by South Dakota State
M. Basketball / 03/04/2017 No. 5 Denver opens Summit League Tournament with No. 4 South Dakota State
M. Basketball / 03/02/2017 Amigo and Rosga Earn All-Summit League Honors
M. Basketball / 02/27/2017 Billups to headline Xfinity Monday Live at ViewHouse Centennial
M. Basketball / 02/25/2017 Men's Basketball Falls at South Dakota State
M. Basketball / 05/24/2017 Men's basketball to hold inaugural Suds for Suits Car Wash
M. Basketball / 02/24/2017 Pioneers close out regular season at Jackrabbits