Denver off to Fargo for key meeting with North Dakota State
Tip set for Saturday at 1 p.m. MT on ESPN 3
Feb. 9, 2017
• The Pioneers are averaging 76.8 points per game on the 2016-17 season, fourth in the Summit League.
• Denver is allowing 72.8 points per game, third lowest in the Summit League.
• DU is knocking down 7.9 3s a game, sixth highest in the Summit League.
• Denver has shot it well this year, ranking second in the Summit League with a 48.7 field-goal percentage, 22nd in all of Division I.
• The Pioneers are averaging 13.7 turnovers per game on the season, seventh in the Summit League.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 5.5 a game, second in the Summit League.
• Denver is limiting its foes to 43.3 percent shooting on the season, which ranks fourth in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers’ 41.0 percent from beyond the arc ranks second in the Summit League and 10th in the NCAA.
• DU’s 15.5 assists per game is second highest in the Summit League.
• Sophomore Joe Rosga is 10th in the Summit League in scoring at 15.8 points per contest.
• Rosga has shown he can connect from beyond the arc, knocking down 2.5 3-pointers a game, tied for fifth in the Summit League.
• Rosga also ranks third in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at 42.0 percent and 31st in the NCAA.
• Junior Daniel Amigo leads the squad in rebounding with a 7.1 average, sixth in the Summit League.
• Amigo is also second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 56.3 percent.
• Amigo’s seven double-doubles this year are tied for second in the Summit League.
• Jake Pemberton’s 4.5 assists per game average is good for third in the Summit League.
About North Dakota State
• The Bison are 16-8 this season and won their last outing.
• North Dakota State is averaging 73.8 points per contest in 2016-17, seventh in the Summit League.
• NDSU allows just 69.3 points a night, first in the Summit League.
• The Bison are knocking down 46.3 percent of their shots this season, which ranks third in the Summit League.
• North Dakota State is great at keeping its foes from shooting well, limiting the opposition to 41.9 percent shooting on the year, first in the Summit League.
• NDSU is averaging 12.3 assists per game, good for eighth in the Summit League.
• The Bison are seventh in the Summit League in 3s made per game at 7.8.
• Paul Miller is the team’s leading scorer, putting up 15.9 points a night, ninth in the Summit League.
• Dexter Werner is the team’s leading rebounder at 7.3 rebounds per night, fifth in the Summit League.
• Werner (11.5), A.J. Jacobson (11.0), and Khy Kabellis (10.6) are the other three players that average double digits in points on the season.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 339 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
M. Basketball / 3/28/2018 Pemberton Named to Summit Academic All-League Team
M. Basketball / 3/27/2018 Amigo to Compete in Dos Equis 3x3U National Championship
M. Basketball / 3/5/2018 Pioneers Eliminated by Coyotes
M. Basketball / 3/5/2018 No. 3 Pioneers Set for Summit League Semifinal Showdown with No. 2 Coyotes
M. Basketball / 3/5/2018 Denver Advances in Wild Double-Overtime Win against Oral Roberts
M. Basketball / 3/2/2018 No. 3 DU and No. 6 ORU set to battle in Summit League Quarterfinal
M. Basketball / 2/28/2018 Rosga and Amigo Earn All-Summit League Honors
M. Basketball / 02/26/2018 Live Taping of Coach Billups Show set for 12 p.m. at Pioneer Restaurant
M. Basketball / 02/24/2018 Pioneers Lock up No. 3 Seed in Rout of Leathernecks
M. Basketball / 02/23/2018 PIoneers go for four in a row at Macomb in season finale
M. Basketball / 02/19/2018 Live Taping of Coach Billups Show set for 12 p.m. at Pioneer Restaurant
M. Basketball / 02/18/2018 Men's Basketball Edges Out ORU in Thriller
M. Basketball / 02/17/2018 DU set for Senior Day against ORU
M. Basketball / 02/14/2018 Pioneers Run Past Mavericks, 94-78
M. Basketball / 02/13/2018 Men's Basketball Set for Rematch with Omaha