Men’s Basketball Goes for Season Sweep at Western Illinois
Tip set for Tuesday at 6 p.m. MT on ESPN 3
Feb. 13, 2017
• The Pioneers are averaging 76.1 points per game on the 2016-17 season, sixth in the Summit League.
• Denver is allowing 73.2 points per game, third lowest in the Summit League.
• DU is knocking down 7.8 3s a game, sixth highest in the Summit League.
• Denver has shot it well this year, ranking second in the Summit League with a 48.1 field-goal percentage, 32nd in all of Division I.
• The Pioneers are averaging 13.6 turnovers per game on the season, seventh in the Summit League.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 4.8 a game, second in the Summit League.
• Denver is limiting its foes to 43.4 percent shooting on the season, which ranks fourth in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers’ 39.9 percent from beyond the arc ranks second in the Summit League and 17th in the NCAA.
• DU’s 15.3 assists per game is second highest in the Summit League.
• Sophomore Joe Rosga is tied for ninth in the Summit League in scoring at 15.8 points per contest.
• Rosga has shown he can connect from beyond the arc, knocking down 2.4 3-pointers a game, sixth in the Summit League.
• Junior Daniel Amigo leads the squad in rebounding with a 7.1 average, sixth in the Summit League.
• Amigo is also second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 55.3 percent.
• Amigo’s seven double-doubles this year are tied for second in the Summit League.
• Jake Pemberton’s 4.4 assists per game average is good for third in the Summit League.
About Western Illinois
• The Leathernecks are 8-15 this season and won their last outing.
• Western Illinois is averaging 69.9 points per contest in 2016-17, ninth in the Summit League.
• WIU allows 74.2 points a night, fourth in the Summit League.
• The Leathernecks are knocking down 43.5 percent of their shots this season, which ranks last in the Summit League.
• Western Illinois is great at keeping its foes from shooting well, limiting the opposition to 42.8 percent shooting on the year, second in the Summit League.
• WIU is averaging 12.9 assists per game, good for seventh in the Summit League.
• The Leathernecks are fifth in the Summit League in 3s made per game at 8.7.
• Garret Covington is the team’s leading scorer, putting up 18.3 points a night, second in the Summit League.
• Mike Miklusak is the team’s leading rebounder at 8.7 rebounds per night, second in the Summit League.
• Miklusak is also second on the team in scoring at 14.5 points per contest.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 340 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
M. Basketball / 5/16/2018 Townsend Joins Denver for 2018-19
M. Basketball / 5/9/2018 DU Lands Big Man in Nzekwesi for 2018-19
M. Basketball / 5/2/2018 Men’s Basketball adds Kurnaz for Upcoming Season
M. Basketball / 4/25/2018 Lanzi Set to Join Pioneers in 2018-19
M. Basketball / 3/28/2018 Pemberton Named to Summit Academic All-League Team
M. Basketball / 3/27/2018 Amigo to Compete in Dos Equis 3x3U National Championship
M. Basketball / 3/5/2018 Pioneers Eliminated by Coyotes
M. Basketball / 03/05/2018 No. 3 Pioneers Set for Summit League Semifinal Showdown with No. 2 Coyotes
M. Basketball / 03/05/2018 Denver Advances in Wild Double-Overtime Win against Oral Roberts
M. Basketball / 03/02/2018 No. 3 DU and No. 6 ORU set to battle in Summit League Quarterfinal
M. Basketball / 02/28/2018 Rosga and Amigo Earn All-Summit League Honors
M. Basketball / 02/26/2018 Live Taping of Coach Billups Show set for 12 p.m. at Pioneer Restaurant
M. Basketball / 02/24/2018 Pioneers Lock up No. 3 Seed in Rout of Leathernecks
M. Basketball / 02/23/2018 PIoneers go for four in a row at Macomb in season finale
M. Basketball / 02/19/2018 Live Taping of Coach Billups Show set for 12 p.m. at Pioneer Restaurant