Men’s Basketball Goes for Season Sweep at Western Illinois
Tip set for Tuesday at 6 p.m. MT on ESPN 3
Feb. 13, 2017
• The Pioneers are averaging 76.1 points per game on the 2016-17 season, sixth in the Summit League.
• Denver is allowing 73.2 points per game, third lowest in the Summit League.
• DU is knocking down 7.8 3s a game, sixth highest in the Summit League.
• Denver has shot it well this year, ranking second in the Summit League with a 48.1 field-goal percentage, 32nd in all of Division I.
• The Pioneers are averaging 13.6 turnovers per game on the season, seventh in the Summit League.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 4.8 a game, second in the Summit League.
• Denver is limiting its foes to 43.4 percent shooting on the season, which ranks fourth in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers’ 39.9 percent from beyond the arc ranks second in the Summit League and 17th in the NCAA.
• DU’s 15.3 assists per game is second highest in the Summit League.
• Sophomore Joe Rosga is tied for ninth in the Summit League in scoring at 15.8 points per contest.
• Rosga has shown he can connect from beyond the arc, knocking down 2.4 3-pointers a game, sixth in the Summit League.
• Junior Daniel Amigo leads the squad in rebounding with a 7.1 average, sixth in the Summit League.
• Amigo is also second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 55.3 percent.
• Amigo’s seven double-doubles this year are tied for second in the Summit League.
• Jake Pemberton’s 4.4 assists per game average is good for third in the Summit League.
About Western Illinois
• The Leathernecks are 8-15 this season and won their last outing.
• Western Illinois is averaging 69.9 points per contest in 2016-17, ninth in the Summit League.
• WIU allows 74.2 points a night, fourth in the Summit League.
• The Leathernecks are knocking down 43.5 percent of their shots this season, which ranks last in the Summit League.
• Western Illinois is great at keeping its foes from shooting well, limiting the opposition to 42.8 percent shooting on the year, second in the Summit League.
• WIU is averaging 12.9 assists per game, good for seventh in the Summit League.
• The Leathernecks are fifth in the Summit League in 3s made per game at 8.7.
• Garret Covington is the team’s leading scorer, putting up 18.3 points a night, second in the Summit League.
• Mike Miklusak is the team’s leading rebounder at 8.7 rebounds per night, second in the Summit League.
• Miklusak is also second on the team in scoring at 14.5 points per contest.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 340 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
M. Basketball / 10/12/2017 Basketball Fan Jam Slated for October 18
M. Basketball / 10/5/2017 Amigo and Rosga Earn Preseason All-League Honors
M. Basketball / 9/21/2017 Men's Basketball Volunteers at Crimson Classic
M. Basketball / 9/11/2017 Men's Basketball Takes Part in Big Bill's 9/11 Day of Giving
M. Basketball / 8/31/2017 Denver Sets 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball / 8/26/2017 Pioneers in Spain Blog
M. Basketball / 8/24/2017 Men's Basketball Set to Embark on 10-day Trip to Spain
M. Basketball / 03/05/2017 Denver's Season Ended by South Dakota State
M. Basketball / 03/04/2017 No. 5 Denver opens Summit League Tournament with No. 4 South Dakota State
M. Basketball / 03/02/2017 Amigo and Rosga Earn All-Summit League Honors
M. Basketball / 02/27/2017 Billups to headline Xfinity Monday Live at ViewHouse Centennial
M. Basketball / 02/25/2017 Men's Basketball Falls at South Dakota State
M. Basketball / 05/24/2017 Men's basketball to hold inaugural Suds for Suits Car Wash
M. Basketball / 02/24/2017 Pioneers close out regular season at Jackrabbits
M. Basketball / 02/22/2017 Omaha Sneaks Past Denver on Last-Second Shot