Feb. 23, 2018
(13-14, 7-6 SL)
(12-14, 3-10 SL)
• The Pioneers are averaging 72.4 points per game in 2017-18.
• Denver is shooting 47.8 percent from the field, second in the Summit League and 43rd in the country.
• The Pioneers are limiting their foes to 43.2 percent shooting this year.
• DU has stopped teams from being effective from deep against them, holding opponents to just 33.0 percent shooting from 3 this year.
• Denver knocks down 7.1 3s a game this season.
• The Pioneers are connecting from beyond the arc at a 41.5 percent clip, good for first in the Summit League and seventh in the country.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 5.9 a game, first in the Summit League and 29th in the NCAA.
• Denver is handing out 15.0 assists per game in 2017-18, first in the Summit League.
• Joe Rosga leads the team in scoring, putting up 16.0 points a night for DU, that also ranks seventh in the Summit League.
• Daniel Amigo is right behind Rosga in scoring, putting up 14.9 points a game, ninth in the Summit League.
• Amigo also is averaging a team-high 6.4 rebounds on the season, eighth in the Summit League.
• Amigo ranks second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 53.1 percent.
• Amigo has been solid so far this year, racking up five double-doubles, tied for fourth in the Summit League.
• Rosga ranks tied for fifth in the Summit League in 3s made per game, knocking down 2.3 a contest.
• Rosga has been automatic from the foul line this year, making 91.4 percent of his free throws, the highest percentage in the Summit League and eighth in all of Division I.
• Jake Pemberton has been dialed in from deep all year, ranking second in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at a 46.8 percent clip (52-for-111).
About Western Illinois
• The Fighting Leathernecks are currently 12-14 on the season and 3-10 in Summit League play.
• Western Illinois is averaging 73.1 points per contest in 2017-18, seventh in the Summit League.
• WIU gives up 71.3 points a night, which ranks third in the Summit League.
• The Fighting Leathernecks are knocking down 47.0 percent of their shots this season, fourth in the Summit League.
• Western Illinois has been okay at making 3s on the year, ranking fifth in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at a 36.4 percent clip.
• The Fighting Leathernecks are averaging 11.5 assists per game, last in the Summit League.
• WIU is making 7.0 3s a game in 2017-18, sixth in the Summit League.
• Kobe Webster is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 16.2 points per game, good for sixth in the Summit League.
• Brandon Gilbeck has been good on the boards, ranking fourth in the Summit League in rebounds, ripping down 7.2 a night.
• Gilbeck also has been great at rim protection this year, ranking first in the Summit League in blocks per game with 2.6, that also ranks 15th in the NCAA.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 372 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
Fans interested in making a donation to the men's basketball program can do so by CLICKING HERE. Your contribution will make a direct impact on the success of YOUR Pioneers. Thank you in advance for your unwavering support of our student-athletes and their quest for excellence.
Student-Athlete Alumni Giving Challenge:
In 2017-18, the University of Denver is holding an alumni giving challenge in an effort to increase student-athlete alumni participation in the Denver Athletics Annual Fund. The sport program with the highest percentage of alumni participation will receive an additional $10,000 of support through the generosity of an anonymous donor. Former student-athletes can make a gift online, by calling 303-871-2388 during normal business hours or by sending a check to:
Athletics Development Office
Attn: Kaley Rickert
2201 E. Asbury Avenue
Denver, CO 80208
JOIN THE PIONEER NATION
Like Denver Pioneers, Denver Men's Basketball on Facebook
Follow @DU_Pioneers, @DU_MHoops on Twitter