No. 3 DU and No. 6 ORU set to battle in Summit League Quarterfinal
Game set for Sunday at 7:30 p.m. MT on ESPN 3
March 2, 2018
• The Pioneers are averaging 73.0 points per game in 2017-18.
• Denver is shooting 48.0 percent from the field, second in the Summit League and 38th in the country.
• The Pioneers are limiting their foes to 43.0 percent shooting this year.
• DU has stopped teams from being effective from deep against them, holding opponents to just 32.8 percent shooting from 3 this year, second in the Summit League.
• Denver knocks down 7.2 3s a game this season.
• The Pioneers are connecting from beyond the arc at a 41.5 percent clip, good for first in the Summit League and seventh in the country.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 6.1 a game, first in the Summit League and 23rd in the NCAA.
• Denver is handing out 15.3 assists per game in 2017-18, first in the Summit League.
• Joe Rosga leads the team in scoring, putting up 16.4 points a night for DU, that also ranks sixth in the Summit League.
• Daniel Amigo is right behind Rosga in scoring, putting up 15.0 points a game, ninth in the Summit League.
• Amigo also is averaging a team-high 6.4 rebounds on the season, eighth in the Summit League.
• Amigo ranks fifth in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 52.4 percent.
• Amigo has been solid so far this year, racking up five double-doubles, tied for fourth in the Summit League.
• Rosga ranks fifth in the Summit League in 3s made per game, knocking down 2.4 a contest.
• Rosga has been automatic from the foul line this year, making 89.9 percent of his free throws, the highest percentage in the Summit League and 13th in all of Division I.
• Jake Pemberton has been dialed in from deep all year, ranking second in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at a 47.0 percent clip (54-for-115).
About Oral Roberts
• The Golden Eagles are currently 11-20 on the season and 5-9 in Summit League play.
• Oral Roberts is averaging 72.4 points per contest in 2017-18, seventh in the Summit League.
• ORU gives up 77.2 points a night, which ranks seventh in the Summit League.
• The Golden Eagles are knocking down 43.7 percent of their shots this season, last in the Summit League.
• Oral Roberts has been okay at making 3s on the year, ranking eighth in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at a 33.8 percent clip.
• The Golden Eagles are averaging 14.2 assists per game, third in the Summit League.
• ORU is making 6.7 3s a game in 2017-18, lowest in the Summit League.
• Emmanuel Nzekwesi is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 12.5 points per game.
• Javon White has been a beast on the boards, ranking second in the Summit League in rebounds, ripping down 8.9 a night.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 372 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
Two Of A Kind
• Both Rosga and Amigo were recognized for their great seasons this year by the Summit League, with both earning all-league honors.
• Rosga was selected to the first team, while Amigo made the second team.
• For Rosga, he becomes the first Denver player to make the first team since teammates Brett Olson and Chris Udofia made it back in 2014.
• Amigo’s second-team selection makes it two years in a row the senior has been chosen to the second team.
Muy Bien Amigo, Amigo Muy Bien
• Amigo made some history in the regular-season finale at Western Illinois on Feb. 24.
• The El Paso, Texas native became just the 36th player in program history to record at least 1,000 points in his career as a Pioneer.
• Amigo needed 17 points going into the game and finished with 20 in the DU victory.
• The 6-foot-10 center joined fellow teammate Rosga on the list, who made it earlier in the season.
Athletics Development Office
JOIN THE PIONEER NATION
- Game Day
- 50/50 Raffle
- Lodging & Transportation
- Student Tickets
- Visiting Team Guide
- Inside Athletics
- Athletics Administration
- Denver Sport Properties
- Give - Pioneer Movement
- Pioneers Around the World
- Ritchie Center Events
- Sports Medicine
- Strength & Conditioning
- Student-Athlete Support
- Title IX
- Championships & Awards
- Academic All-Americans
- Directors' Cup
- Hall of Fame
- National Awards
- National Championships
- Post Season Success