No. 5 Denver opens Summit League Tournament with No. 4 South Dakota State
Game set for 5 p.m. MT tip on Sunday on ESPN 3
March 4, 2017
• The Pioneers are averaging 75.9 points per game on the 2016-17 season, sixth in the Summit League.
• Denver is allowing 74.3 points per game, third lowest in the Summit League.
• DU is knocking down 7.5 3s a game, seventh highest in the Summit League.
• Denver has shot it well this year, ranking second in the Summit League with a 48.3 field-goal percentage, 24th in all of Division I.
• The Pioneers are averaging 13.5 turnovers per game on the season, seventh in the Summit League.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 4.5 a game, second in the Summit League.
• Denver is limiting its foes to 44.4 percent shooting on the season, which ranks fifth in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers’ 40.2 percent from beyond the arc ranks second in the Summit League and 15th in the NCAA.
• DU’s 15.3 assists per game is second highest in the Summit League.
• Joe Rosga has shown he can connect from beyond the arc, knocking down 2.5 3-pointers a game, sixth in the Summit League.
• Junior Daniel Amigo leads the squad in rebounding with a 7.2 average, tied for fifth in the Summit League.
• Amigo is also second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 54.7 percent.
• Amigo’s eight double-doubles this year are tied for second in the Summit League.
• Jake Pemberton’s 4.4 assists per game average is good for third in the Summit League.
About South Dakota State
• The Jackrabbits are 15-16 this season and winners of their last three contests.
• SDSU is averaging 77.5 points per contest in 2016-17, fifth in the Summit League.
• South Dakota State gives up 77.7 points a night, fifth in the Summit League.
• The Jackrabbits are knocking down 45.9 percent of their shots this season, which ranks fourth in the Summit League.
• SDSU has struggled at keeping its foes from shooting well, holding the opposition to 45.2 percent shooting on the year, sixth in the Summit League.
• South Dakota State is averaging 13.6 assists per game, good for sixth in the Summit League.
• SDSU is known for getting to the line, ranking third in the Summit League in free-throw attempts with 701.
• Mike Daum is the team’s leading scorer, putting up 24.9 points a night, first in the Summit League and second in the NCAA.
• Daum is also the team’s leading rebounder, pulling down 8.1 boards a night, third in the Summit League.
• Daum also leads the country in free throws made (225).
• Both Rosga and Amigo received all-league recognition for their great play this season.
• Amigo was named All-Summit League second team, the first for his collegiate career.
• Rosga, for a second straight year, got honorable-mention honors from the league.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 344 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
M. Basketball / 4/25/2018 Lanzi Set to Join Pioneers in 2018-19
M. Basketball / 3/28/2018 Pemberton Named to Summit Academic All-League Team
M. Basketball / 3/27/2018 Amigo to Compete in Dos Equis 3x3U National Championship
M. Basketball / 3/5/2018 Pioneers Eliminated by Coyotes
M. Basketball / 3/5/2018 No. 3 Pioneers Set for Summit League Semifinal Showdown with No. 2 Coyotes
M. Basketball / 3/5/2018 Denver Advances in Wild Double-Overtime Win against Oral Roberts
M. Basketball / 3/2/2018 No. 3 DU and No. 6 ORU set to battle in Summit League Quarterfinal
M. Basketball / 02/28/2018 Rosga and Amigo Earn All-Summit League Honors
M. Basketball / 02/26/2018 Live Taping of Coach Billups Show set for 12 p.m. at Pioneer Restaurant
M. Basketball / 02/24/2018 Pioneers Lock up No. 3 Seed in Rout of Leathernecks
M. Basketball / 02/23/2018 PIoneers go for four in a row at Macomb in season finale
M. Basketball / 02/19/2018 Live Taping of Coach Billups Show set for 12 p.m. at Pioneer Restaurant
M. Basketball / 02/18/2018 Men's Basketball Edges Out ORU in Thriller
M. Basketball / 02/17/2018 DU set for Senior Day against ORU
M. Basketball / 02/14/2018 Pioneers Run Past Mavericks, 94-78