Denver wraps up non-league schedule with Colorado Mesa
Tip set for 7 p.m. on Thursday in Hamilton Gymnasium
Dec. 27, 2017
• The Pioneers are averaging 69.5 points per game in 2017-18.
• Denver is shooting 45.8 percent from the field.
• The Pioneers are limiting their foes to 40.9 percent shooting this year, second lowest in the Summit League.
• DU has stopped teams from being effective from deep against them, holding opponents to just 32.0 percent shooting from 3 this year, third in the Summit League.
• Denver knocks down 6.9 3s a game this season.
• The Pioneers are connecting from beyond the arc at a 40.7 percent clip, good for second in the Summit League and 26th in the country.
• DU is outrebounding its opponents by 6.9 a game, first in the Summit League and 38th in the NCAA.
• Denver is handing out 14.0 assists per game in 2017-18.
• Joe Rosga leads the team in scoring, putting up 16.0 points a night for DU, that also ranks fifth in the Summit League.
• Daniel Amigo is right behind Rosga in scoring, putting up 15.6 points a game.
• Amigo also is averaging a team-high 7.2 rebounds on the season, fifth in the Summit League.
• Amigo ranks second in the Summit League in field-goal percentage at 56.4 percent.
• Amigo has been dominant so far this year, racking up five double-doubles, second in the Summit League and 35th most in the NCAA.
• Rosga ranks fifth in the Summit League in 3s made per game, knocking down 2.5 a contest.
• Rosga has been automatic from the foul line this year, making 91.7 percent of his free throws, the highest percentage in the Summit League and 22nd in all of Division I.
About Colorado Mesa
• The Mavericks are currently 6-6 on the season.
• Colorado Mesa is averaging 83.3 points per contest in 2017-18, third in the RMAC.
• CMU gives up 84.1 points a night.
• The Mavericks are knocking down 46.8 percent of their shots this season.
• Colorado Mesa has struggled at holding teams to tough shots, as foes are shooting 45.1 percent against them this year.
• CMU is averaging 19.3 assists per game, tops in the RMAC and 10th in Division II.
• The Mavericks are making 8.2 3s a game in 2017-18.
• Emilio Acedo is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 17.8 points per game.
• Acedo has been deadly from outside, going 37-for-81 from beyond the arc (45.7 percent).
• Connor Nichols is second on the team in scoring with a 17.4 average and also leads the squad in rebounding, pulling down 6.9 boards a game.
The Long Ranger
• DU has at least one 3-pointer in 358 straight games, dating back to Feb. 2, 2006.
Athletics Development Office
JOIN THE PIONEER NATION
- Fan Zone
- Inside Athletics
- Athletics Administration
- Denver Sport Properties
- Ritchie Center Events
- Sports Medicine
- Strength & Conditioning
- Student-Athlete Support
- Championships & Awards
- Academic All-Americans
- Directors' Cup
- Hall of Fame
- National Awards
- National Championships
- Post Season Success