Jan. 10, 2018
south dakota state
• Denver is 10-7 this season.
• The Pioneers are averaging 68.1 points per game this season.
• DU is holding its opponents to 63.5 points per contest this year.
• The Crimson and Gold are shooting 39 percent (416-for-1066) from the field.
• Denver is currently holding its opponents to 38.8 percent (385-for-993) from field-goal range.
• The Pioneers shot 50 percent (10-for-20) from field-goal range during the fourth quarter against Fort Wayne.
• Claire Gritt led the Pioneers to victory over Fort Wayne, 73-55 on Saturday. The freshman recorded 17 points, shooting 50 percent (6-for-12) from the field and 100 percent (3-for-3) from downtown.
• Jordyn Alt added 14 points against the Mastodons.
• The Crimson and Gold rank 18th in the NCAA for 3-point field goals made with 137.
• In games against Utah Valley and Fort Wayne last week, Alt averaged 15 points and eight rebounds while Gritt averaged 12.5 points.
• DU ranks 25th in the NCAA in total rebounds with 687.
• Alt averages 7.7 boards per contest, ranking first in the Summit League.
• As a team, DU is grabbing an average of 40.4 rebounds.
• On the season, the Crimson and Gold are forcing an average of 16.5 turnovers.
• Denver is averaging 14.2 assists per game.
• Carie Weinman ranks second in the Summit with a 3-point percentage of 48.3.
• DU is averaging 7.4 steals per game.
• Alt currently ranks 85th in the NCAA for total rebounds with 131.
• Gritt is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 9.4 points per game. The Arlington Heights, Ill. native sits 23rd in the Summit League.
• Against Fort Wayne, Briana Johnson handed out six assists.
• At home against Utah Valley, Alt recorded a double-double with 16 points and 10 boards.
• Johnson is shooting 43.1 percent (22-for-51) from the behind the arc.
• Madison Nelson ranks eighth in the Summit League with an average of 6.1 rebounds per game.
• From the free-throw line, Denver is shooting 67.7 percent (189-for-279).
About South Dakota State
• The Jackrabbits are 12-4 this year.
• SDSU is averaging 75.1 points per game this season.
• South Dakota State has allowed an average of 64.2 points per game.
• The Jackrabbits are shooting 35 percent (142-for-406) from deep.
• SDSU is shooting 42.2 percent (414-for-981) from the field.
• South Dakota State’s opponents are shooting 40.2 percent (380-for-945) from field-goal range.
• As a team, the Jackrabbits have snagged 38.6 rebounds per performance.
• Macy Miller is the squad’s leading scorer with 17.1 points per game.
• SDSU’s leading rebounder is Tagyn Larson, who has collected 5.4 rebounds per contest.
• Againt Omaha, South Dakota State scored 51 points in the second half.
• The Jackrabbits average 8.8 3s per outing.
• SDSU is shooting 79.7 percent (232-for-291) from the charity stripe.
• As a unit, South Dakota State is handing out 16.2 assists per game.
• Miller is shooting 44.8 percent (26-for-58) from 3-point range.
• The Jackrabbits rank 52nd in the NCAA in scoring offense with 75.1 ppg.