Pioneers to Battle Bison on Saturday
Tip is set for 1p.m. MT
Jan. 12, 2018
• Denver is 10-8 this season and 1-2 in the Summit League.
• Briana Johnson led the Pioneers in a loss to South Dakota State, 69-58 on Thursday. The Carson,
Calif. native scored 13 points and recorded five assists.
• Claire Gritt added 11 points against SDSU.
• The Crimson and Gold rank 20th in the NCAA for 3-point field goals made with 145.
• After scoring 10 points on the Jackrabbits, Jordyn Alt is averaging 13.3 points and 7.6 boards in the
previous three contests.
• DU ranks 22nd in the NCAA in total rebounds with 719.
• Alt averages 7.7 boards per contest, ranking second in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers are averaging 67.6 points per game this season.
• DU is holding its opponents to 63.8 points per contest this year.
• The Crimson and Gold are shooting 38.6 percent (433-for-1121) from
• Denver is currently holding its opponents to 39.0 percent (411-for-
1054) from field-goal range.
• The Pioneers shot 46.7 percent (10-for-20) from field-goal range during
the first quarter against SDSU.
• As a team, DU is grabbing an average of 39.9 rebounds.
• On the season, the Crimson and Gold are forcing an average of 14.6
• Denver is averaging 14.1 assists per game.
• Carie Weinman ranks third in the Summit with a 3-point percentage
• DU is averaging 7.5 steals per game.
• Alt currently ranks 78th in the NCAA for total rebounds with 138.
• Gritt is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 9.4 points per game. The
Arlington Heights, Ill. native sits 22nd in the Summit League.
• Against Fort Wayne, Gritt scored 17 points.
• At home against Utah Valley, Alt recorded a double-double with 16
points and 10 boards.
• Johnson is shooting 42.9 percent (24-for-56) from the behind the arc.
• Madison Nelson ranks eighth in the Summit League with an average of
5.9 rebounds per game.
• From the free-throw line, Denver is shooting 68.6 percent (205-for-299).
About North Dakota State
• The Bison are 7-10 this year and 0-3 in the Summit.
• NDSU is averaging 68.6 points per game this season.
• North Dakota State has allowed an average of 69.4 points per game.
• The Bison are shooting 37.9 percent (131-for-346) from deep.
• NDSU is shooting 41.9 percent (443-for-1058) from the field.
• North Dakota State’s opponents are shooting 39.8 percent (433-for-1087)
from field-goal range.
• As a team, the Bison have snagged 37.2 rebounds per performance.
• Gaislerova is the squad’s leading scorer with 9.9 points per game.
• NDSU’s leading rebounder is Reilly Jacobson, who has collected 5.7 rebounds
• Againt Oral Roberts, North Dakota State scored 33 points in the second half.
• The Bison average 7.7 3s per outing.
• NDSU is shooting 68.7 percent (149-for-217) from the charity stripe.
• As a unit, North Dakota State is handing out 17.4 assists per game.
• Gaislerova is shooting 46.0 percent (29-for-63) from 3-point range.
• The Bison rank 23rd in the NCAA with a 3-point percentage of 37.9
W. Basketball / 1/23/2018 Denver Set to Face Western Illinois
W. Basketball / 1/20/2018 Oral Roberts Snaps Denver Winning Streak, 90-60
W. Basketball / 1/19/2018 Women's Basketball Takes On Oral Roberts on Saturday
W. Basketball / 1/18/2018 Denver Defeats Omaha, 85-74 behind Nelson's 18 Points
W. Basketball / 1/16/2018 Denver Takes to Omaha for Bout with Mavericks
W. Basketball / 1/13/2018 Loven Scores 18 points, Denver Overpowers North Dakota State, 98-79
W. Basketball / 1/12/2018 Pioneers to Battle Bison on Saturday
W. Basketball / 01/11/2018 Jackrabbits Slip Past Denver, 69-58
W. Basketball / 01/10/2018 Denver to Host South Dakota State on Thursday
W. Basketball / 01/06/2018 Gritt Propels Denver to Win in Fort Wayne, 73-55
W. Basketball / 01/05/2018 Women's Basketball to Face Mastodons on Saturday
W. Basketball / 01/02/2018 Big Second Half Lifts Denver to Victory, 72-53
W. Basketball / 01/01/2018 Pioneers Complete Non-league Play With Utah Valley
W. Basketball / 12/30/2017 South Dakota Blows Past Denver in Summit League Opener, 79-51
W. Basketball / 12/29/2017 Women's Basketball to Open Summit League Play at South Dakota on Saturday