Women's Basketball Takes On Oral Roberts on Saturday
Tipoff is set for 1 p.m. MT
Jan. 19, 2018
• Denver is 12-8 this season and 3-2 in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers are averaging 69.9 points per game this season.
• DU is holding its opponents to 65.1 points per contest this year.
• Madison Nelson led the Pioneers in a win over Omaha, 85-74 on Thursday. The sophomore
recorded 18 points and nine rebounds.
• Against the Mavericks, four other Pioneers scored in double figures.
• Claire Gritt chipped in 15 points against UNO.
• Other high scorers against Omaha, Briana Johnson (14), Abi Curtin (12) and Jordyn Alt (10)
• The Crimson and Gold rank 15th in the NCAA for 3-point field goals made with 166.
• DU ranks 19th in the NCAA in total rebounds with 808.
• Alt averages 7.7 boards per contest, ranking second in the Summit League.
• The Crimson and Gold are shooting 38.8 percent (465-for-1197) from the field.
• Denver is currently holding its opponents to 39.2 percent (499-for-1273) from field-goal range.
• The Pioneers shot 52.6 percent (10-for-19) from the field during the first quarter against UNO.
• As a team, DU is grabbing an average of 40.4 rebounds.
• On the season, the Crimson and Gold are forcing an average of 16.5 turnovers.
• Denver is averaging 14.6 assists per game.
• Carie Weinman ranks fourth in the Summit with a 3-point percentage of 44.6.
• DU is averaging 7.7 steals per game.
• Alt currently ranks 79th in the NCAA for total rebounds with 153.
• Gritt is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 10.1 points per game. The Arlington Heights, Ill. native sits 16th in the Summit League.
• Against North Dakota State, Gritt scored 17 points.
• Besides Gritt, three other Pioneers scored in double figures vs NDSU, Lauren Loven (18), Grace White (13) and Alt (12).
• Johnson is shooting 39.1 percent (34-for-46) from the behind the arc.
• Nelson ranks sixth in the Summit League with an average of 6.2 rebounds per game.
• From the free-throw line, Denver is shooting 69.7 percent (235-for-337).
About Oral Roberts
• The Golden Eagles are 11-8 this year and 3-3 in the Summit.
• ORU is averaging 66.7 points per game this season.
• Oral Roberts has allowed an average of 59.4 points per game.
• The Golden Eagles are shooting 33.3 percent (98-for-294) from deep.
• ORU is shooting 45.5 percent (495-for-1087) from the field.
• Oral Roberts’ opponents are shooting 39.2 percent (427-for-1089) from field-goal range.
• As a team, the Golden Eagles have snagged 37.8 rebounds per performance.
• Faith Ihim is the squad’s leading scorer with 13.2 points per game.
• ORU’s leading rebounder is Ihim, who has collected 7.1 rebounds per contest.
• Againt South Dakota, Oral Roberts scored 34 points in both halves.
• The Golden Eagles average 5.2 3s per outing.
• ORU is shooting 64.2 percent (179-for-279) from the charity stripe.
• As a unit, Oral Roberts is handing out 13.1 assists per game.
• Maya Mayberry is shooting 46.2 percent (24-for-52) from 3-point range.
• The Eagles rank 33rd in the NCAA with a field-goal percentage of 45.5
W. Basketball / 5/15/2018 Denver Lands Transfer Courtney Smith
W. Basketball / 5/14/2018 Anna Jackson Set to Become a Pioneer
W. Basketball / 4/18/2018 Pioneers Set to Compete in USA Basketball Women's 3x3 Championships
W. Basketball / 3/4/2018 Denver Falls to Oral Roberts in Summit League Quarterfinal, 76-71
W. Basketball / 3/2/2018 No. 4 Pioneers to Face No. 5 Golden Eagles in Summit League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball / 2/28/2018 Alt and Gritt Earn All-Summit League Honors
W. Basketball / 2/24/2018 Denver Falls in Final Regular Season Contest to Western Illinois, 77-61
W. Basketball / 02/23/2018 Pioneers to Host Leathernecks on Senior Day
W. Basketball / 02/19/2018 Loven Named Denver's First Summit League Player of the Week
W. Basketball / 02/17/2018 DU Secures First Winning Season Since 2012; Beats Omaha 81-60
W. Basketball / 02/16/2018 DU Welcomes Omaha on Saturday
W. Basketball / 02/15/2018 Loven Scores 22, Denver Rolls Past Oral Roberts, 70-54
W. Basketball / 02/14/2018 Denver to Host Oral Roberts on Thursday
W. Basketball / 02/10/2018 DU Completes Road Trip with Win over North Dakota State, 78-73
W. Basketball / 02/09/2018 Denver Set to Face North Dakota State in Final Road Contest