Denver Set to Face Western Illinois
In Macomb, Ill., DU is 0-4
Jan. 23, 2018
• Denver is 12-9 this season and 3-3 in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers are averaging 69.5 points per game this season.
• DU is holding its opponents to 66.2 points per contest this year.
• The Crimson and Gold are shooting 38.9 percent (518-for-1333) from
• Denver is currently holding its opponents to 40.2 percent (495-for-
1230) from field-goal range.
• In a 90-60 loss at Oral Roberts on Saturday, Carie Weinman led the team with 12 points.
• Against the Golden Eagles, Samantha Romanowski added 10 points.
• Jordyn Alt put up eight points and eight rebounds against ORU.
• DU chalked up 40 reounds in the Mabee Center.
• The Crimson and Gold rank 17th in the NCAA for 3-point field goals made with 175.
• DU ranks 17th in the NCAA in total rebounds with 848.
• Alt averages 7.7 boards per contest, leading the Summit League.
• The Pioneers shot 66.7 percent (4-for-6) from 3-point range during the
fourth quarter against Oral Roberts.
• As a team, DU is grabbing an average of 40.4 rebounds.
• On the season, the Crimson and Gold are forcing an average of 16.4
• Denver is averaging 14.4 assists per game.
• Weinman ranks second in the Summit with a 3-point percentage of
• DU is averaging 7.6 steals per game.
• Alt currently ranks 86th in the NCAA for total rebounds with 161.
• Claire Gritt is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 10.0 points per game. The
Arlington Heights, Ill. native sits 16th in the Summit League.
• Against Omaha, Madison Nelson went for 18 points.
• Besides Nelson, four other Pioneers scored in double figures vs UNO,
Gritt (15), Briana Johnson (14), Abi Curtin (12) and Alt (10).
• Johnson is shooting 38.4 percent (25-for-66) from the behind the arc.
• Nelson ranks seventh in the Summit League with an average of 6.2 rebounds
• From the free-throw line, Denver is shooting 69.5 percent (248-for-357).
About Western Illinois
• The Leathernecks are 14-6 this year and 4-2 in the Summit.
• WIU is averaging 80.2 points per game this season.
• Western Illinois has allowed an average of 65.2 points per game.
• The Leathernecks are shooting 35.2 percent (204-for-579) from deep.
• WIU is shooting 42.8 percent (549-for-1282) from the field.
• Western Illinois’ opponents are shooting 39.2 percent (503-for-1282) from
• As a team, the Leathernecks have snagged 38.0 rebounds per performance.
• Emily Clemens is the squad’s leading scorer with 16.8 points per game.
• WIU’s leading rebounder is Taylor Higginbotham, who has collected 7.6 rebounds
• Againt SDSU, Western Illinois scored 25 points in the second half.
• The Leathernecks average 10.2 3s per outing.
• WIU is shooting 74.4 percent (303-for-407) from the charity stripe.
• As a unit, Western Illinois is handing out 18.4 assists per game.
• Taylor Hanneman is shooting 40.7 percent (24-for-59) from 3-point range.
• The Leathernecks rank fourth in the NCAA with 10.2 3s per game.
W. Basketball / 5/15/2018 Denver Lands Transfer Courtney Smith
W. Basketball / 5/14/2018 Anna Jackson Set to Become a Pioneer
W. Basketball / 4/18/2018 Pioneers Set to Compete in USA Basketball Women's 3x3 Championships
W. Basketball / 3/4/2018 Denver Falls to Oral Roberts in Summit League Quarterfinal, 76-71
W. Basketball / 3/2/2018 No. 4 Pioneers to Face No. 5 Golden Eagles in Summit League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball / 2/28/2018 Alt and Gritt Earn All-Summit League Honors
W. Basketball / 2/24/2018 Denver Falls in Final Regular Season Contest to Western Illinois, 77-61
W. Basketball / 02/23/2018 Pioneers to Host Leathernecks on Senior Day
W. Basketball / 02/19/2018 Loven Named Denver's First Summit League Player of the Week
W. Basketball / 02/17/2018 DU Secures First Winning Season Since 2012; Beats Omaha 81-60
W. Basketball / 02/16/2018 DU Welcomes Omaha on Saturday
W. Basketball / 02/15/2018 Loven Scores 22, Denver Rolls Past Oral Roberts, 70-54
W. Basketball / 02/14/2018 Denver to Host Oral Roberts on Thursday
W. Basketball / 02/10/2018 DU Completes Road Trip with Win over North Dakota State, 78-73
W. Basketball / 02/09/2018 Denver Set to Face North Dakota State in Final Road Contest