Denver to Host South Dakota on Saturday
Tipoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. MT
Jan. 26, 2018
• Denver is 12-10 this season and 3-4 in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers are averaging 70.5 points per game this season.
• DU is holding its opponents to 68.6 points per contest this year.
• The Crimson and Gold are shooting 39.0 percent (553-for-1417) from the field.
• Denver is currently holding its opponents to 41.2 percent (535-for-1297) from field-goal range.
• In a 118-93 loss at Western Illinois on Wednesday, Lauren Loven scored a career-high 28 points.
• Against the Leathernecks, the two teams combined for an NCAA record 36 3s made.
• Claire Gritt put up 17 points against WIU.
• DU recorded 50 rebounds in Western Hall.
• The Crimson and Gold rank ninth in the NCAA for 3-point field goals made with 193.
• DU ranks 14th in the NCAA in total rebounds with 848.
• Jordyn Alt averages 8.0 boards per contest, leading the Summit League.
• The Pioneers shot 55.6 percent (10-for-18) from 3-point range during the first half against Western Illinois.
• As a team, DU is grabbing an average of 40.8 rebounds.
• On the season, the Crimson and Gold are forcing an average of 16.1 turnovers.
• Denver is averaging 14.8 assists per game.
• Carie Weinman ranks sixth in the Summit with a 3-point percentage of 42.9.
• DU is averaging 10.1 steals per game.
• Alt currently ranks 66th in the NCAA for total rebounds with 175.
• Gritt is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 10.4 points per game. The Arlington Heights, Ill. native sits 16th in the Summit League.
• Against Oral Roberts, Weinman went for 12 points.
• Five Pioneers scored in double-figures vs Omaha (1/18), Madison Nelson (18), Gritt (15), Briana Johnson (14), Abi Curtin (12) and Alt (10).
• Johnson is shooting 37.7 percent (26-for-69) from the behind the arc.
• Nelson ranks seventh in the Summit League with an average of 6.0 rebounds per game.
• From the free-throw line, Denver is shooting 69.5 percent (253-for-364).
About South Dakota
• The Coyotes are 16-5 this year and 7-0 in the Summit.
• USD is averaging 72.7 points per game this season.
• South Dakota has allowed an average of 58.6 points per game.
• The Coyotes are shooting 36.8 percent (181-for-492) from deep.
• USD is shooting 46.4 percent (551-for-1187) from the field.
• South Dakota’s opponents are shooting 32.3 percent (131-for-406) from field-goal range.
• As a team, the Coyotes have snagged 31.6 rebounds per performance.
• Allison Arens is the squad’s leading scorer with 12.4 points per game.
• USD’s leading rebounder is Jasmine Trimboli, who has collected 5.1 rebounds per contest.
• Againt SDSU, South Dakota scored 39 points in the first half.
• The Coyotes average 8.6 3s per outing.
• USD is shooting 79.2 percent (244-for-308) from the charity stripe.
• As a unit, South Dakota is handing out 14.7 assists per game.
• Ciara Duffy is shooting 43.2 percent (35-for-81) from 3-point range.
• The Coyotes’ free throw percentage (79.2) ranks fourth in the NCAA.
W. Basketball / 5/24/2018 20 Percent Camp Discount Now Through Memorial Day
W. Basketball / 5/15/2018 Denver Lands Transfer Courtney Smith
W. Basketball / 5/14/2018 Anna Jackson Set to Become a Pioneer
W. Basketball / 4/18/2018 Pioneers Set to Compete in USA Basketball Women's 3x3 Championships
W. Basketball / 3/4/2018 Denver Falls to Oral Roberts in Summit League Quarterfinal, 76-71
W. Basketball / 3/2/2018 No. 4 Pioneers to Face No. 5 Golden Eagles in Summit League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball / 2/28/2018 Alt and Gritt Earn All-Summit League Honors
W. Basketball / 02/24/2018 Denver Falls in Final Regular Season Contest to Western Illinois, 77-61
W. Basketball / 02/23/2018 Pioneers to Host Leathernecks on Senior Day
W. Basketball / 02/19/2018 Loven Named Denver's First Summit League Player of the Week
W. Basketball / 02/17/2018 DU Secures First Winning Season Since 2012; Beats Omaha 81-60
W. Basketball / 02/16/2018 DU Welcomes Omaha on Saturday
W. Basketball / 02/15/2018 Loven Scores 22, Denver Rolls Past Oral Roberts, 70-54
W. Basketball / 02/14/2018 Denver to Host Oral Roberts on Thursday
W. Basketball / 02/10/2018 DU Completes Road Trip with Win over North Dakota State, 78-73