Pioneers to Square off with Mastodons on Sunday
Action is set for 1 p.m. MT
Feb. 2, 2018
• Denver is 12-11 this season and 3-5 in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers are averaging 70.1 points per game this season.
• DU is holding its opponents to 69.2 points per contest this year.
• The Crimson and Gold are shooting 39.1 percent (575-for-1471) from the field.
• Denver is currently holding its opponents to 41.6 percent (565-for-1359) from field-goal range.
• Despite losing to South Dakota, 82-60 on Saturday, Claire Gritt scored 15 points.
• The Crimson and Gold rank 14th in the NCAA for 3-point field goals made with 200.
• DU ranks 32nd in the NCAA in total rebounds with 925.
• Jordyn Alt averages 8.0 boards per contest, leading the Summit League.
• The Pioneers shot 46.7 percent (7-for-15) from field-goal range during the fourth quarter against South Dakota.
• As a team, DU is grabbing an average of 40.2 rebounds.
• On the season, the Crimson and Gold are forcing an average of 15.0 turnovers.
• Denver is averaging 14.9 assists per game.
• Carie Weinman ranks fourth in the Summit with a 3-point percentage of 44.3.
• DU is averaging 7.5 steals per game.
• Alt currently ranks 87th in the NCAA for total rebounds with 184.
• Gritt is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 10.6 points per game. The Arlington Heights, Ill. native sits 15th in the Summit League.
• Against WIU, Gritt went for 17 points.
• Five Pioneers scored in double-figures vs Omaha (1/18), Madison Nelson (18), Gritt (15), Briana Johnson (14), Abi Curtin (12) and Alt (10).
• Gritt is shooting 37.7 percent (29-for-77) from behind the arc.
• Nelson ranks seventh in the Summit League with an average of 5.8 rebounds per game.
• From the free-throw line, Denver is shooting 69.3 percent (262-for-378).
About Fort Wayne
• The Mastodons are 4-18 this year and 1-8 in the Summit.
• FW is averaging 56.5 points per game this season.
• Fort Wayne has allowed an average of 74.5 points per game.
• The Mastodons are shooting 30.9 percent (134-for-433) from deep.
• FW is shooting 38.0 percent (442-for-1164) from the field.
• Fort Wayne’s opponents are shooting 47.3 percent (601-for-1271) from field-goal range.
• As a team, the Mastodons have snagged 31.3 rebounds per performance.
• De’Jour Young is the squad’s leading scorer with 10.7 points per game.
• FW’s leading rebounder is Jaelencia Williams, who has collected 5.1 rebounds per contest.
• Againt ORU, Fort Wayne scored 17 points in the second quarter.
• The Mastodons average 6.1 3s per outing.
• FW is shooting 75.6 percent (226-for-299) from the charity stripe.
• As a unit, Fort Wayne is handing out 9.6 assists per game.
• Hannah Albrecht is shooting 42.5 percent (17-for-40) from 3-point range.
W. Basketball / 2/19/2018 Loven Named Denver’s First Summit League Player of the Week
W. Basketball / 2/17/2018 DU Secures First Winning Season Since 2012; Beats Omaha 81-60
W. Basketball / 2/16/2018 DU Welcomes Omaha on Saturday
W. Basketball / 2/15/2018 Loven Scores 22, Denver Rolls Past Oral Roberts, 70-54
W. Basketball / 2/14/2018 Denver to Host Oral Roberts on Thursday
W. Basketball / 2/10/2018 DU Completes Road Trip with Win over North Dakota State, 78-73
W. Basketball / 2/9/2018 Denver Set to Face North Dakota State in Final Road Contest
W. Basketball / 02/08/2018 Pioneers Fall in Road Contest to South Dakota State, 95-59
W. Basketball / 02/06/2018 Denver takes to Brookings for battle with South Dakota State
W. Basketball / 02/04/2018 Denver Snaps Losing Streak, Defeats Fort Wayne, 86-65
W. Basketball / 02/02/2018 Pioneers to Square off with Mastodons on Sunday
W. Basketball / 01/27/2018 South Dakota Dominates Denver, 82-60
W. Basketball / 01/26/2018 Denver to Host South Dakota on Saturday
W. Basketball / 01/24/2018 Loven Scores a Career-High 28 Points, Pioneers Fall to WIU, 118-93
W. Basketball / 01/23/2018 Denver Set to Face Western Illinois