Denver takes to Brookings for battle with South Dakota State
Tip is scheduled for Thursday evening at 6 p.m. MT
Feb. 6, 2018
• Denver is 13-11 this season and 4-5 in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers are averaging 70.8 points per game this season.
• DU is holding its opponents to 69.0 points per contest this year.
• The Crimson and Gold are shooting 39.5 percent (608-for-1541) from the field.
• Denver is currently holding its opponents to 41.3 percent (583-for-1410) from field-goal range.
• In a 86-65 win over Fort Wayne on Sunday, Samantha Romanowski scored a game-high 18 points.
• Denver shot 47.1 percent (33-for-70) from the field vs. FW.
• Four other Pioneers scored in double figures, including Briana Johnson (12), Madison Nelson (11), Lauren Loven (11) and Claire Gritt (11).
• Romanowski recorded a career-high 6 steals in the first half against the Mastodons.
• The Crimson and Gold rank 19th in the NCAA for 3-point field goals made with 205.
• DU ranks 35th in the NCAA in total rebounds with 964.
• Jordyn Alt averages 7.7 boards per contest, tying for first in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers shot 61.1 percent (11-for-18) from field-goal range during the second quarter against Fort Wayne.
• As a team, DU is grabbing an average of 40.2 rebounds.
• On the season, the Crimson and Gold are forcing an average of 16.2 turnovers.
• Denver is averaging 14.8 assists per game.
• Carie Weinman ranks fourth in the Summit with a 3-point percentage of 44.3.
• DU is averaging 7.6 steals per game.
• Alt currently ranks 115th in the NCAA for total rebounds with 185.
• Gritt is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 10.6 points per game. The Arlington Heights, Ill. native sits 14th in the Summit League.
• Against Western Illinois on Jan. 24, Loven went for a career-high 28 points
• WIU and Denver combined for an NCAA record 36 3s made.
• Gritt is shooting 37.0 percent (30-for-81) from behind the arc.
• Nelson ranks seventh in the Summit League with an average of 6.0 rebounds per game.
• From the free-throw line, Denver is shooting 69.3 percent (277-for-400).
About South Dakota State
• The Jackrabbits are 19-5 this year and 8-1 in the Summit.
• SDSU is averaging 77.6 points per game this season.
• South Dakota State has allowed an average of 62.5 points per game.
• The Jackrabbits are shooting 35.4 percent (212-for-599) from deep.
• SDSU is shooting 44.5 percent (662-for-1487) from the field.
• South Dakota’s opponents are shooting 38.8 percent (548-for-1413) from field-goal range.
• As a team, the Jackrabbits have snagged 40.2 rebounds per performance.
• Macy Miller is the squad’s leading scorer with 18.3 points per game.
• SDSU’s leading rebounder is Tagyn Larson, who has collected 5.8 rebounds per contest.
• Againt UNO, South Dakota State scored 54 points in the first half.
• The Jackrabbits average 8.8 3s per outing.
• SDSU is shooting 78.2 percent (326-for-417) from the charity stripe. Good enough for 6th in the NCAA.
• As a unit, South Dakota State is handing out 16.6 assists per game.
• Miller is shooting 45.2 percent (42-for-93) from 3-point range.
W. Basketball / 2/19/2018 Loven Named Denver's First Summit League Player of the Week
W. Basketball / 2/17/2018 DU Secures First Winning Season Since 2012; Beats Omaha 81-60
W. Basketball / 2/16/2018 DU Welcomes Omaha on Saturday
W. Basketball / 2/15/2018 Loven Scores 22, Denver Rolls Past Oral Roberts, 70-54
W. Basketball / 2/14/2018 Denver to Host Oral Roberts on Thursday
W. Basketball / 2/10/2018 DU Completes Road Trip with Win over North Dakota State, 78-73
W. Basketball / 2/9/2018 Denver Set to Face North Dakota State in Final Road Contest
W. Basketball / 02/08/2018 Pioneers Fall in Road Contest to South Dakota State, 95-59
W. Basketball / 02/06/2018 Denver takes to Brookings for battle with South Dakota State
W. Basketball / 02/04/2018 Denver Snaps Losing Streak, Defeats Fort Wayne, 86-65
W. Basketball / 02/02/2018 Pioneers to Square off with Mastodons on Sunday
W. Basketball / 01/27/2018 South Dakota Dominates Denver, 82-60
W. Basketball / 01/26/2018 Denver to Host South Dakota on Saturday
W. Basketball / 01/24/2018 Loven Scores a Career-High 28 Points, Pioneers Fall to WIU, 118-93
W. Basketball / 01/23/2018 Denver Set to Face Western Illinois