Pioneers to Host Leathernecks on Senior Day
Tip is set for 1 p.m. MT
Feb. 23, 2018
• Denver is 16-12 this season and 7-6 in the Summit League.
• On Senior Day, Denver will celebrate Jordyn Alt, Sydney Koel, Ciera Morgan and Jahla Osborne.
• In an 81-60 win over Omaha on Saturday, Claire Gritt scored a team-high 18 points.
• After scoring 22 points vs. Oral Roberts and 15 against Omaha, Lauren Loven was named Denver’s first Summit League Player of the Week.
• Alt chalked up her third double-double on the season with 14 boards against the Mavericks.
• The Crimson and Gold rank 28st in the NCAA for 3-point field goals made with 234.
• DU ranks 34th in the NCAA in total rebounds with 1,137.
• Alt averages 8.0 boards per contest, second in the Summit League.
• The Pioneers are averaging 70.9 points per game this season.
• DU is holding its opponents to 69.2 points per contest this year.
• The Crimson and Gold are shooting 39.5 percent (709-for-1793) from the field.
• Denver is currently holding its opponents to 41.3 percent (681-for-1650) from field-goal range.
• The Pioneers shot 75.0 percent (3-for-4) from behind the arc during the fourth quarter against Omaha.
• As a team, DU is grabbing an average of 40.6 rebounds.
• On the season, the Crimson and Gold are forcing an average of 16.0 turnovers.
• Denver is averaging 14.5 assists per game.
• Carie Weinman is third in the Summit with a 3-point percentage of 44.3.
• DU is averaging 7.6 steals per game.
• Alt currently ranks 107th in the NCAA for total rebounds with 225.
• Gritt is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 10.6 points per game. The Arlington Heights, Ill. native sits 14th in the Summit League.
• Against Western Illinois on Jan. 24, DU and WIU combined for an NCAA record 36 3s made.
• Vs. ORU on Feb. 15, Loven led Denver with 22 points
• Gritt is shooting 36.8 percent (35-for-95) from behind the arc.
• Madison Nelson ranks ninth in the Summit League with an average of 5.9 rebounds per game.
• From the free-throw line, Denver is shooting 68.6 percent (334-for-487).
About Western Illinois
• The Leathernecks are 20-8 this year and 9-4 in the Summit.
• WIU is averaging 82.6 points per game this season.
• Western Illinois has allowed an average of 66.7 points per game.
• The Leathernecks are shooting 36.5 percent (305-for-836) from deep.
• WIU is shooting 43.2 percent (790-for-1828) from the field.
• Western Illinois’s opponents are shooting 39.2 percent (715-for-1824) from field-goal range.
• As a team, the Leathernecks have snagged 38.3 rebounds per performance.
• Emily Clemens is the squad’s leading scorer with 17.8 points per game.
• WIU’s leading rebounder is Taylor Higginbotham, who has collected 7.3 rebounds per contest.
• Againt NDSU, Western Illinois scored 45 points in the second half.
• The Leathernecks average 10.9 3s per outing. Good enough for third in the NCAA.
• WIU is shooting 75.3 percent (421-for-559) from the charity stripe.
• As a unit, Western Illinois is handing out 18.3 assists per game.
• Taylor Hanneman is shooting 40.7 percent (24-for-59) from 3-point range.
W. Basketball / 3/4/2018 Denver Falls to Oral Roberts in Summit League Quarterfinal, 76-71
W. Basketball / 3/2/2018 No. 4 Pioneers to Face No. 5 Golden Eagles in Summit League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball / 2/28/2018 Alt and Gritt Earn All-Summit League Honors
W. Basketball / 2/24/2018 Denver Falls in Final Regular Season Contest to Western Illinois, 77-61
W. Basketball / 2/23/2018 Pioneers to Host Leathernecks on Senior Day
W. Basketball / 2/19/2018 Loven Named Denver's First Summit League Player of the Week
W. Basketball / 2/17/2018 DU Secures First Winning Season Since 2012; Beats Omaha 81-60
W. Basketball / 02/16/2018 DU Welcomes Omaha on Saturday
W. Basketball / 02/15/2018 Loven Scores 22, Denver Rolls Past Oral Roberts, 70-54
W. Basketball / 02/14/2018 Denver to Host Oral Roberts on Thursday
W. Basketball / 02/10/2018 DU Completes Road Trip with Win over North Dakota State, 78-73
W. Basketball / 02/09/2018 Denver Set to Face North Dakota State in Final Road Contest
W. Basketball / 02/08/2018 Pioneers Fall in Road Contest to South Dakota State, 95-59
W. Basketball / 02/06/2018 Denver takes to Brookings for battle with South Dakota State
W. Basketball / 02/04/2018 Denver Snaps Losing Streak, Defeats Fort Wayne, 86-65