Pioneers Set to Face Lumberjacks on Sunday
Denver will face Northern Arizona in the seventh overall meeting between the two programs
Dec. 1, 2017
• Denver is 4-4 this season.
• The Pioneers are averaging 67.4 points per game this season.
• DU is holding its opponents to 60.4 points per contest this year.
• The Crimson and Gold are shooting 38.6 percent (197-for-510) from the field.
• Denver is currently holding its opponents to 39.4 percent (173-for-439) from field-goal range.
• The Pioneers shot 45.5 percent from three-point range during the fourth quarter against Colorado State.
• As a team, DU is grabbing an average of 40.1 rebounds.
• On the season, the Crimson and Gold are forcing an average of 18.0 turnovers.
• Denver is averaging 13.2 assists per game as a team.
• In the second half, the Pioneers are averaging 37.7 points per meeting.
• DU is averaging 7.5 steals per game.
• Jordyn Alt recorded nine points and grabbed 11 rebounds in a 61-56 loss to Colorado State.
• Madison Nelson is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 11.1 points per game. The Dover, Minn. native sits 12th in the Summit League.
• Nelson is shooting 39.3 percent (33-for-84) from the field.
• Against Northern Colorado, Nelson recorded her first career double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds. On the year, the sophomore is avaraging 11.1 points and 6.0 rebounds.
• Carie Weinman scored eight points against CSU, ending her streak of four games with nine points.
• Weinman leads the team in 3-point percentage, shooting 57.9 percent (11-for-19). The freshman leads the Summit League.
• Nelson ranks 11th in the Summit League with an average of 6.0 rebounds per game.
• From the free-throw line, Denver is shooting 66.9 percent (79-for-118).
About Northern Arizona
• The Lumberjacks are 2-3 this year.
• NAU is averaging 82 points per game this season.
• Northern Arizona has allowed an average of 75.4 points per game.
• The Lumberjacks are shooting 33.3 (27-for-81) percent from deep.
• NAU is shooting 43.8 (145-for-331) percent from the field.
• Northern Arizona’s opponents are shooting 37.4 percent (135-for-361) from field-goal range.
• As a team, the Lumberjacks have snagged 45.6 rebounds per performance.
• Olivia Lucero is the squad’s leading scorer with 19.2 points per game.
• NAU’s leading rebounder is McDavis, who has collected 10.8 rebounds per contest.
• Againt Boise State, Northern Arizona scored 32 points in the second half.
• The Lumberjacks average 5.4 three-pointers per outing.
• NAU is shooting 69.9 (93-for-133) percent from the charity stripe.
• As a unit, Northern Arizona is handing out 14.2 assists per game.
• McDavis is shooting 40.5 percent (15-for-37) from 3-point range.
W. Basketball / 1/20/2018 Oral Roberts Snaps Denver Winning Streak, 90-60
W. Basketball / 1/19/2018 Women's Basketball Takes On Oral Roberts on Saturday
W. Basketball / 1/18/2018 Denver Defeats Omaha, 85-74 behind Nelson's 18 Points
W. Basketball / 1/16/2018 Denver Takes to Omaha for Bout with Mavericks
W. Basketball / 1/13/2018 Loven Scores 18 points, Denver Overpowers North Dakota State, 98-79
W. Basketball / 1/12/2018 Pioneers to Battle Bison on Saturday
W. Basketball / 1/11/2018 Jackrabbits Slip Past Denver, 69-58
W. Basketball / 01/10/2018 Denver to Host South Dakota State on Thursday
W. Basketball / 01/06/2018 Gritt Propels Denver to Win in Fort Wayne, 73-55
W. Basketball / 01/05/2018 Women's Basketball to Face Mastodons on Saturday
W. Basketball / 01/02/2018 Big Second Half Lifts Denver to Victory, 72-53
W. Basketball / 01/01/2018 Pioneers Complete Non-league Play With Utah Valley
W. Basketball / 12/30/2017 South Dakota Blows Past Denver in Summit League Opener, 79-51
W. Basketball / 12/29/2017 Women's Basketball to Open Summit League Play at South Dakota on Saturday
W. Basketball / 12/20/2017 Romanowski Scores 23 Points, Denver Beats UMKC, 77-68