Pioneers and Eagles Set to Battle in D.C.
Denver will face American in the first overall meeting between the two programs.
Dec. 8, 2017
• Denver is 6-4 this season.
• The Pioneers are averaging 68.9 points per game this season.
• DU is holding its opponents to 60.4 points per contest this year.
• The Crimson and Gold are shooting 38.5 percent (251-for-652) from the field.
• Denver is currently holding its opponents to 38.5 percent (217-for-563) from field-goal range.
• The Pioneers shot 75.0 percent (3-for-4) from three-point range during the fourth quarter against UMBC.
• Freshman Grace White recorded a career-high 12 points and grabbed six rebounds against UMBC.
• As a team, DU is grabbing an average of 41.5 rebounds.
• On the season, the Crimson and Gold are forcing an average of 17.6 turnovers.
• Denver is averaging 14.3 assists per game as a team.
• In the second half, the Pioneers are averaging 37.3 points per meeting.
• DU is averaging 7.8 steals per game.
• Jordyn Alt currently ranks 77th in the NCAA for total rebounds with 77.
• Madison Nelson is the team’s leading scorer, averaging 10.1 points per game. The Dover, Minn. native sits 16th in the Summit League.
• Nelson is shooting 37.0 percent (37-for-100) from the field.
• The Crimson and Gold rank 12th in the NCAA for 3-point field goals made with 86.
• DU ranks 21st in the NCAA in total rebounds with 415.
• Carie Weinman scored a career-high 34 points in a 80-73 comeback vs Northern Arizona on Sunday.
• Nelson ranks sixth in the Summit League with an average of 6.6 rebounds per game.
• From the free-throw line, Denver is shooting 66.9 percent (101-for-151).
• The Eagles are 5-3 this year.
• AU is averaging 63.8 points per game this season.
• American has allowed an average of 63.1 points per game.
• The Eagles are shooting 30.1 percent (43-for-143) from deep.
• AU is shooting 40.7 percent (187-for-459) from the field.
• American’s opponents are shooting 37.3 percent (173-for-464) from field-goal range.
• As a team, the Eagles have snagged 34.0 rebounds per performance.
• Emily Kinneston is the squad’s leading scorer with 12.4 points per game.
• AU’s leading rebounder is Cecily Carl, who has collected 8.8 rebounds per contest.
• Againt Youngstown State, American scored 31 points in the second half.
• The Eagles average 5.4 3s per outing.
• AU is shooting 73.8 percent (93-for-126) from the charity stripe.
• As a unit, American is handing out 12.3 assists per game.
• Lewis is shooting 38.7 percent (12-for-31) from 3-point range.
• The Eagles rank 262nd in the NCAA in total rebounds with 272.
• AU is 64th in the NCAA with a free-throw percentage of 73.8 percent.
W. Basketball / 4/18/2018 Pioneers Set to Compete in USA Basketball Women's 3x3 Championships
W. Basketball / 3/4/2018 Denver Falls to Oral Roberts in Summit League Quarterfinal, 76-71
W. Basketball / 3/2/2018 No. 4 Pioneers to Face No. 5 Golden Eagles in Summit League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball / 2/28/2018 Alt and Gritt Earn All-Summit League Honors
W. Basketball / 2/24/2018 Denver Falls in Final Regular Season Contest to Western Illinois, 77-61
W. Basketball / 2/23/2018 Pioneers to Host Leathernecks on Senior Day
W. Basketball / 2/19/2018 Loven Named Denver's First Summit League Player of the Week
W. Basketball / 02/17/2018 DU Secures First Winning Season Since 2012; Beats Omaha 81-60
W. Basketball / 02/16/2018 DU Welcomes Omaha on Saturday
W. Basketball / 02/15/2018 Loven Scores 22, Denver Rolls Past Oral Roberts, 70-54
W. Basketball / 02/14/2018 Denver to Host Oral Roberts on Thursday
W. Basketball / 02/10/2018 DU Completes Road Trip with Win over North Dakota State, 78-73
W. Basketball / 02/09/2018 Denver Set to Face North Dakota State in Final Road Contest
W. Basketball / 02/08/2018 Pioneers Fall in Road Contest to South Dakota State, 95-59
W. Basketball / 02/06/2018 Denver takes to Brookings for battle with South Dakota State