Denver Tops Dartmouth, 4-3
Singles play leads Pioneers in season opener
Jan. 27, 2018
The University of Denver women’ tennis defeated Dartmouth College, 4-3, on Saturday at the Ken Byers Tennis Complex in Atlanta, Ga.
The Pioneers earned four singles victories, with highlight wins from Julia O’Laughlin in the No. 1 spot (6-0, 3-6, 6-4) and Bianca Mok in the No. 2 spot (6-1, 6-0). Hada Chang and Camille Verden-Anderson also earned victories with Chang batting from a one-game deficit to win (4-6, 6-2, 6-2) and Verden-Anderson securing a 6-3, 6-3 match victory.
Denver was unable to find success on the doubles court as the combinations of Julia O’Laughlin/Bianca Mok and Garcia Mboko/Camille Verden-Anderson fell before Had Chang and Anna Reidmiller could finish their match.
The Pioneers return to the court tomorrow for the conclusion of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Kick-Off.
1. #65 Julia O'Loughlin (DEN) def. #78 Mathis, Kristina (DART) 6-0, 3-6, 6-4
2. Bianca Mok (DEN) def. Schroeder, Julia (DART) 6-1, 6-0
3. Lyn, Racquel (DART) def. Arisha Ladhani (DEN) 7-5, 6-4
4. Hwang, Maddie (DART) def. Gracia Mboko (DEN) 6-4, 6-4
5. Hada Chang (DEN) def. McCann, Allison (DART) 4-6, 6-2, 6-2
1. Mathis, Kristina/Lyn, Racquel (DART) def. Julia O'Loughlin/Bianca Mok (DEN) 6-4
ALUMNI GIVING CHALLENGE
The University of Denver is holding
Athletics Development Office
2201 E. Asbury Avenue
Denver, CO 80208
Interested in making a donation to the tennis program? Click Here. Your contribution will make a direct impact on the success of YOUR Pioneers. Thank you for your unwavering support of our student-athletes and their quest for excellence.
- JOIN THE DENVER PIONEER NATION -
- Fan Zone
- Inside Athletics
- Athletics Administration
- Denver Sport Properties
- Ritchie Center Events
- Sports Medicine
- Strength & Conditioning
- Student-Athlete Support
- Championships & Awards
- Academic All-Americans
- Directors' Cup
- Hall of Fame
- National Awards
- National Championships
- Post Season Success