Denver Falls to No. 7 Georgia Tech
Julia O'Laughlin defeats No. 49 Paige Hourigan
Jan. 28, 2018
The University of Denver women’s tennis team fell, 4-1, to No. 7 Georgia Tech on Sunday at the Ken Beyers Tennis Complex in Atlanta, Ga. The match concluded the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Kick-Off and moved the Pioneers record to 1-1 (0-0 Summit League).
Georgia Tech earned four (4) singles victories and two (2) doubles match wins to seal a 4-1 victory.
No. 65 Julia O’Laughlin had the highlight of the day for Denver, defeating No. 49 Paige Hourigan (6-4, 6-3) in the No. 1 spot. O’Laughlin’s doubles match with partner Bianca Mok was unfinished.
The Pioneers return to action on Feb. 3 against Fresno State in Seattle, Wash.
1. #65 Julia O'Loughlin (DEN) def. #49 Paige Hourigan (GT) 6-4, 6-3
2. #79 Johnnise Renaud (GT) vs. Bianca Mok (DEN) 6-3, 3-5, unfinished
3. #89 Ida Jarlskog (GT) def. Arisha Ladhani (DEN) 6-4, 6-3
4. Victoria Flores (GT) def. Gracia Mboko (DEN) 6-1, 6-0
5. Nami Otsuka (GT) def. Hada Chang (DEN) 6-3, 6-0
6. Nadia Gizdova (GT) vs. Camille V-Anderson (DEN) 4-6, 6-2, 0-1, unfinished
1. Ida Jarlskog/Johnnise Renaud (GT) vs. Bianca Mok/Julia O'Loughlin (DEN) 4-5, unfinished
2. Victoria Flores/Nami Otsuka (GT) def. Camille V-Anderson/Gracia Mboko (DEN) 6-4
3. Paige Hourigan/Nadia Gizdova (GT) def. Hada Chang/Anna Riedmiller (DEN) 6-2
ALUMNI GIVING CHALLENGE
The University of Denver is holding
Athletics Development Office
2201 E. Asbury Avenue
Denver, CO 80208
Interested in making a donation to the tennis program? Click Here. Your contribution will make a direct impact on the success of YOUR Pioneers. Thank you for your unwavering support of our student-athletes and their quest for excellence.
- JOIN THE DENVER PIONEER NATION -
- Fan Zone
- Inside Athletics
- Athletics Administration
- Denver Sport Properties
- Ritchie Center Events
- Sports Medicine
- Strength & Conditioning
- Student-Athlete Support
- Championships & Awards
- Academic All-Americans
- Directors' Cup
- Hall of Fame
- National Awards
- National Championships
- Post Season Success