It is the first academic league honor for both
Pioneers place three on all-league team, two on all-freshman team, two honorable mentions and Tom Hogan won Coach of the Year
Denver hits .376 with 10 aces and eight blocks while holding WIU to a .075 mark
Pioneers’s junior libero sets new career high in service aces in win
Six Pioneers have career nights in win over Bison
The Pioneer volleyball team program is making a difference in the community by working with an organization call Reading Partners
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- The Summit League All-League Honorable Mention (2015, 2017)
- The Summit League Academic All-League Team (2017)
Kills: 19, Omaha (11/22/15)
Attacks: 46, South Dakota (11/10/17)
Hitting percentage: .632 (12-0-19), South Dakota State (10/7/16)
Assists: 3, four times, last at Fort Wayne (10/21/17)
Service aces: 5, Oral Roberts (10/16/15)
Digs: 19, South Dakota (11/10/17)
Blocks: 6, two times, last at South Dakota (11/10/17)
Block solo: 1, 17 times, last vs. North Dakota State (10/29/17)
Block assists: 6, two times, last at South Dakota (11/10/17)
- Started all 29 matches and played in 92 sets
- Led the team in service ace with 33 on the season
- Third on the team in kills, digs and points
- Fifth on the team in total blocks
- Had five double-doubles on the season
- Had a team-high in kills against Oral Roberts on Oct. 7 and against Cal Poly on Dec. 1
- Led the Pioneers in service aces in six matches
- Had the team-high in total blocks and assisted blocks against South Dakota on Nov. 10
- Led in solo blocks in two matches
- Appeared in 59 sets for Denver
- Totaled 92 kills at 1.56 per set with a .205 swing percentage
- Added seven service aces, 90 digs and 27 blocks, five solo and 22 assisted
- Swung at a career-best .632 on 10/7 against South Dakota State, tallying her lone double-double of the year
- Played in all 128 sets for the Pioneers this season.
- Led DU with 41 service aces and ranks 51st in the country in that stat.
- Tallied the fourth-most kills on the team with 244.
- Recorded 232 digs, 20 assists, seven solo blocks and 30 block assists.
- Named Pioneer Classic MVP.
- Played in 115 of 122 sets for the Pioneers.
- Led freshmen class with a total of 117 kills.
- Compiled 8 service aces, 54 digs, and 43 blocks.
- Set a career-high in kills (15) against UTEP (09/20/14).
- Played volleyball and basketball for Perry Meridian High School.
- As an outside hitter, was named 2013 Academic All-State and a 2013 PrepVolleyball.com Senior Ace.
- Named a three-time First Team All-State selection (2011, 2012, 2013), a three-time All-County honoree (2011, 2012, 2013) and a three-time All-Conference selection (2011, 2012, 2013).
- Named to the Indianapolis Star Super Team twice (2011, 2012).
- Named the Team - Offensive Player of the Year twice (2011, 2012).
- Named Team Captain twice (2012, 2013).
- Named a PrepVolleyball.com Soph 79.
- As a forward/center for her high school basketball team, was named a 2012-13 All-Conference selection.
- Named Team Captain two consecutive seasons (2012-13, 2013-2014).
- Named to the TCU Tiger Classic All-Tournament Team twice (2010, 2012).
- Born on Oct. 14, 1995 in Indianapolis, Ind.
- Daughter of John and Martha.
- Has a younger brother, Dustin, and a younger sister, Caitie.
- Chose DU because it had everything she was looking for, including a beautiful campus, amazing academics, great coaches and incredible teammates.
- Hopes to one day play professionally.
- Would also like to use her international business degree to work for an international company.
- Was an officer for the National Honor Society, a member of the Blue Crew, a managing editor for Yearbook and was a Peer Mentor.
- Was also a part of the Thirst Project, a basketball camp counselor and took part in the NHS Breast Cancer Awareness project.
- Majoring in international business with minors in psychology and finance.