Latham, Novotny, Principato and Willis will take part in tryouts from March 2-4
Pioneers place three on all-league team, two on all-freshman team, two honorable mentions and Tom Hogan won Coach of the Year
Second Career POTW Award for the Senior Right-Side Hitter
Rockville Centre, N.Y., native will train at the University of Minnesota in June
Junior right-side looking for spot on Team USA
The Pioneer volleyball team program is making a difference in the community by working with an organization call Reading Partners
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- The Summit League Tournament MVP (2017)
- The Summit League All-League Team (2015, 2016, 2017)
- The Summit League All-Tournament Team (2015, 2017)
- The Summit League Offensive Player of the Week (8/28/17)
- 2017 Denver Invitational All-Tournament Team
- The Summit League Offensive Player of the Week (10/10/16)
- Made Dean's list winter quarter for 2017-18
- Kills: 21, North Dakota State (11/13/16)
- Attacks: 58, South Dakota (11/10/17)
- Hitting percentage: .667 (9-1-12), South Dakota State (10/7/16)
- Assists: 1, 15 times, last vs. Oral Roberts (11/19/17)
- Service aces: 3, Montana State (9/3/16)
- Digs: 8, South Dakota (11/10/17)
- Blocks: 9, Loyola Marymount (9/2/16)
- Block solo: 2, twice, last South Dakota (11/11/16)
- Block assists: 9, Loyola Marymount (9/2/16)
- Played in all 102 sets for the Pioneers, and started in 17 matches
- Second on the team in kills and points
- Fourth on the team in total blocks and hitting percentage
- Led the Pioneers in kills in eight matches and tied for the team-high in three matches
- Invited to the 2017 Team USA CNT-Minneapolis from June 22-26 at the University of Minnesota
- Appeared in all 116 sets for the Pioneers
- Led the team with 349 kills at 3.01 per set with a third-best .288 clip
- Added 15 service aces, 48 digs and third on the team with 101 blocks, five solo and 96 assisted
- Finished fifth in the Summit League with 417.0 points
- Played in all 128 sets for Denver.
- Led the Pioneers with 323 kills.
- Compiled 100 blocks, 42 digs and six assists.
- Named to the Pioneer Classic All-Tournament Team.
- Named to the Denver Invitational All-Tournament Team.
- Played in 30 matches for a total of 67 sets for the Pioneers.
- Recorded 21 kills at an attack rate of .157.
- Also provided five digs and 15 total blocks.
- Had a career-high five kills against Colorado State in opening NCAA match.
- Played volleyball for South Side High School as a rights-side hitter.
- Named Tournament MVP and received the Rising Star Award.
- Named All-Tournament Team MVP, All-Conference and All-County.
- Nominated for 2013 All-Long Island and All-State.
- Named to the GEVA Regional Volleyball Team
- Played three seasons at right-side hitter for her club team.
- Received the Most Improved Player and the Sportsmanship Award.
- Born June 14, 1996 in Mineola, N.Y.
- Daughter of Stephen and Karen.
- Has one older brother, Brendan.
- Chose DU because she loved it, it had excellent academics and volleyball program.
- Also chose DU because she felt it was the right fit for her on her first visit.
- Hopes to one day play professional volleyball and become a member of the USA women's national team and have a chance to compete in the Olympics.
- Has an interest in fashion and business and would like to combine those two with her art background to become involved in design.
- Was involved in student government, helping with event planning of the Homecoming Parade float and also helped to plan activities for the Red and Blue Dance and various sports competitions.
- Enjoys painting, drawing and dancing.
- Undeclared major.