- Save Target As in Internet Explorer
To install on an Android:
1. Connect your device's memory to your computer. This can be done via USB, or using a microSD adapter to connect your microSD card to your computer.
2. Open the file folder for your device. You can access it via My Computer, and select the drive your device is connected via. You should see various folders relating to apps on your device and files you've added so far.
3. Create a new folder. Label it Ringtones.
4. Open the folder on your computer containing the ringtones. It's usually easier if you have saved the ringtones in a separate folder than your computer's music collection. In a pinch, however, you can hover your cursor over a music file and see the length of the track.
5. Drag and drop the ringtone file to the Ringtones folder on your device. Disconnect your device from your computer.
6. Go to Sound Settings on your phone. When on your home screen, press the menu/navigation hard key, and select Settings. From there, select Sound, and the menu titled Phone ringtone. Scroll through the list of ringtones until you find the one you want to use. If you don't see the ringtone you just added, turn off the phone first and it should appear when you turn it on since Android's service looks out for new files when the phone boots.
To install on an iPhone:
1. Launch iTunes, and connect your phone to your computer. In iTunes, from the File menu, select "Add to LibraryÉ"
2. Locate your ringtone file. Find your ringtone file where you saved it. Select it, and click the Open button. The file will be added to your iTunes folder.
3. Select your iPhone. In the iTunes toolbar, click on the icon for your iPhone. This will enable you to sync your iPhone, adding your ringtone to the list of available choices.
4. Set up Tones. Click on the Tones button on the toolbar. This will let you set up your sync options for ringtones. Enable "Sync Tones" at the top of page by clicking the checkbox. At the same time, select "All tones" if you have multiple tones to add to the phone, or "Selected tones" if you just want to add specific tones. If you choose "Selected tones," you will see a list of your custom ringtones in the Tones field. Click to enable the tones you want to transfer to your phone.
When all is enabled, click the Sync button. Your tones will be transferred.
5. Set up your iPhone's ringtones. Using the steps outlined above, choose your default ringtone and/or custom ringtones as desired.